electrical needed to run 6k+ rms?

pinoywitboom
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok just wanted to know what id be looking at electrical wise if i were to bump up to 6k+ rms daily. what would be at the very least recommended i run if i were to be powering lets say 2 3kds? mainly wondering if i would need a dual alt setup or would a single 200amp alt suffice? also battery bank wise would a 1400 upfront and 2 2400s in the back be enough or would 3 2400s do it? also i would need to have 2 runs of 0awg from front to rear right?

You could get away with stock alt, but youre going to need some good battery power. I would say a starting battery under the hood, and 4 big group 31 batteries in the rear.

You could get away with stock alt, but youre going to need some good battery power. I would say a starting battery under the hood, and 4 big group 31 batteries in the rear.
But for daily, wouldnt he burn his alt out or is it part of the deal to not turn it way up (or wherever) for long periods?

wow i could do it on stock alt? if thats true i dont think that would be too safe for a daily and 6k+ rms in all seriousness?

But for daily, wouldnt he burn his alt out or is it part of the deal to not turn it way up (or wherever) for long periods?
what i was thinking, cuz i dont compete, i just shlam the sounds and hit sum bud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Why would it burn the alternator out? The alternator charges the car whole time anyway. Its not like it strains like a subwoofer when taking more power than its rated for.

It puts out its max amperage at the voltage its set to. Whether the batteries are drained or topped off, its still running either way.

Its not like when you turn it up the batteries **** the power out of it and it craps out, it produces what it can and thats that.

For a while I ran 6 Sundown 3ks and 2 100.2s on a stock alt. No problems with it breaking, just crappy voltage.

For burps and small blasts if you have enough bat power to last you will be good..I did a dc power 265 amp alt but I also have a Kinetik up front and 4 2400's in the rear though..

why not buy a HO alternator if your gonna buy that many batteries anyway...you could get the alt, battery up front and 3 in the back. i'd also do at least 2 runs of +/- from front to back.

A HO alt is a must for that kind of power. I'd assume running 4 batteries with a stock alt would eventually kill the alt, b\c the alt would be working harder to charge all those batteries. JMO

i got a RD that im going to run at about 6500

electrical will be:

250a alt

2-3 C&D 134ah

Big 3

Stock batt under the hood(undecided on what batt to run)

4 runs(2power, 2 ground)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.