Electrical Needed for 2 SA 15s

Participant count
  • Participant list

Xp71

Ok just to let you guys know I have read the stickys and researched for a while on this, but cant seem to get what im looking for. I have a 200 amp alternator, a stock battery that puts out 650 cca and 800 ca I cant find the amp hours for the life of me. I will be doing the big 3 this weekend. Ive been looking into getting a 2400 kinetik under the hood or a yellow top which would be cheaper. I have a 2000 hifi hifonics that is maybe puting out around 1600-1800 clean power at 1 ohm. Do you guys think ill need a better battery right now? I do plan on getting a bigger amp around 2500 or 3000 but not any time soon. I guess trying out the 2 15s is the only way to find out? Trying to stay around 13-14 volts or a healthy range for my whole electrical system. Thanks guys

Ok just to let you guys know I have read the stickys and researched for a while on this, but cant seem to get what im looking for. I have a 200 amp alternator, a stock battery that puts out 650 cca and 800 ca I cant find the amp hours for the life of me. I will be doing the big 3 this weekend. Ive been looking into getting a 2400 kinetik under the hood or a yellow top which would be cheaper. I have a 2000 hifi hifonics that is maybe puting out around 1600-1800 clean power at 1 ohm. Do you guys think ill need a better battery right now? I do plan on getting a bigger amp around 2500 or 3000 but not any time soon. I guess trying out the 2 15s is the only way to find out? Trying to stay around 13-14 volts or a healthy range for my whole electrical system. Thanks guys
You are asking a question that’s going to get a lot of ignorant responses like mine does fine with X amp and two XX brand batteries. What you really need to know is how will my electrical system keep up with the equipment I have installed. Don’t go into what will happen in the future with a bigger amp right now because that bigger amp may just be more efficient.

If you have a 200 amp alt installed right with the right pulley size and have done the big three you are ready to look at how well your electrical system response. If you see tiny fluctuations that drop to 13 volts while playing hard with lights and heater ECT ECT all running then that’s not terrible bad. A better battery may fix that so that it stays above 14 volts all the time. What you don’t want is to see voltage dropping and continue to drop as you play that would mean that your alternator is not keeping up and no amount of batteries or brand of battery will fix that.

Yeah i was assuming i would i mean i wont mind a little criticism its probably needed for this topic thanks for your response. I also looked into a d3400 xs power battery vs the 2400 kinetik and im leaning towards xs power now. Anyway once i get everything going ill just have to see what the stinger voltmeter is reading at my amp. Just need my box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.