Electrical interference with bass?

Participant count
  • Participant list

FML
10+ year member

Extreme Lowwwwwws
Idaho
Hey folks,

Have ran into an issue lately. Im by no means a car audio are automotive n00b, and ive searched the web, but to no avail. Iv noticed lately iv been getting a lot of random interference, but only to my woofer. The most noticeable and odd, is every time i hit my wiper blades, it sends a signal directly to my sub, BOOM. Even with absolutely no music playing. This morning was bad, raining pretty good so i had to shut my stereo off completely, as every revolution of my wipers would send a signal, almost like a bass line to my woofer. Also I notice a bit of grumbling between tracks.

This is new. Things iv read is to check your grounds. I know that cant be the case, because i work in a shop, therefore have access to all kinds of goodies. I used an electric die grinder and scraped off a good 6 inch square area in the floorboard and ran a separate bolt, washer and nut setup specifically for my ground. I DO however have my 4g power, remote turn on and RCAs running parallel to one another. Even though I heard that's mostly a myth (distortion caused ny that) , I guess it could be the issue? Weird thing is, this just started happening. Driving me crazy.

Oh and what makes me think its not the cables running so close, is the energy transfer when another electronic component in my truck is switched. But im lost?

Any help/input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody? Heard it could possibly be my HU's ground. Im going to run a separate 12awg ground to it today to see if that fixes it, but im not too confident in it. All my electrical is solid.

Anybody? Heard it could possibly be my HU's ground. Im going to run a separate 12awg ground to it today to see if that fixes it, but im not too confident in it. All my electrical is solid.
Do that and move the rca's away from the power wire.....not a myth. Sounds like you have a solid amp ground.

Do that and move the rca's away from the power wire.....not a myth. Sounds like you have a solid amp ground.
Cool thanks for the reply. Iv normally run my wiring separate during my installs, but the truck I'm driving now (GMC SIERRA) has all vinyl type flooring,makes running wires anywhere but along the edge kind of difficult. Also, doing any work behind the deck in the dash is hell, so much stuff packed into a tight area. But, ill see if i can get it fixed up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.