been out the game

Participant count
  • Participant list

rudedog1

i have a 2wd 1998 chevy 3 door extended cab pickup. i want to replace the rear 4x6's with some plates and put a component set in the front doors n power them off an amp. back in the 80's n 90's i loved the way polk audio speakers sounded. ive been leaning toward those but i recently heard a friends truck that is 100% kicker stuff and it sounded really good!

so ive been window shopping and ive found polk 4x6 db461p, polk 6 1/2 db5601, n a polk amp 330.1 for $287...on another site i found the same amp but with polk dxi6501's 6.5's n dbi641p 4x6 plates for $280..so whats the difference in the db's vs the dxi??

after hearing my friends setup i found these, kicker 11ds46 plates, 11ds6.2 6.5's, with kicker amp 11dx1252 for $225..im torn so i thought i would ask the pros for advice. which of these setups would you run or would you run something completely different? keep in mind i have a $300 cap and im wanting to just fill the factory holes with a little power amp. i was planing on running the front n backs in parallel on the 2 channel amp but am open to suggestions. thanks for any help.

Hey, figured id chime in since nobody has yet. I run all KICKER stuff. They are nice and loud, but kicker isnt known for for super precise and clean sound. I don't mess with polk audio but from what I've heard , their quality has diminished a bit over the years. Its all what your preference in music is. If you want decent clear and loud components kicker would work as they are decently affordable. But there are better options out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.