electrical help

Participant count
  • Participant list

macsdad
10+ year member

boom-boom
so, since i can't seem to be able to find a reasonably priced h/o alt for my 08 caliber, yeah i checked mechman and a couple other guys that were recommended on here. i had an, one time, said i did not want a secondary batt, well...will a secondary batt help with voltage drop enough, or i be better off continuing my struggle to find a alt? the secondary batt is deff cheaper.

my car has an oem boston acoustic 450 wrms multi channel amp-unknown fusing, and the arc audio ks1200.1 i just put in-120 amp fusing. the lights dimmed prior to any add ons, there is an oem 120 amp alt. i am trying to curtail as much volt drop as i can, right now, if i crank it, all the interior lights dim. right down to the speedo and info center. i was thinking on a sundown saz1500v.3 in the future and i want to be able to effectively run it or the arc if i don't upgrade anymore...lololol.

i have the largest redtop i could fit under the hood, less than a year old. couldn't not fit a yellatop. so i should have the system tested?
yes you shouldn't be having the dimming issue with 450 watts.also have you done the big 3 ?

but if you had dimming issues before the amps were added ,then it's something else you need to address first .could be a bad diode in the alt .or maybe its not charging at 14 volts .you need to check that as well .start your car ,put your dmm on ac and place the probes on the + on the alt and the - ground it somewhere ,see what it's charging at

check with ohio generators for an alt for your car, they made an alt with the bracket to fit for my 86 mercedes 560sec. these guys are great to work with and they will gladly answer all of your questions. trusst me i have gone through i think five different alts and had two rebuilt before finding one from them. the one i got is 270-300a and i couldnt be happier, you have no idea how hard it is to find aftermarket anything for mercedes and one thats over 25yrs old to boot!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

macsdad

10+ year member
boom-boom
macsdad
Trussville, Al
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date