12" kicker CVX popping noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

ajwggns
10+ year member

i have 2 12" kicker cvx wired to a earthquake 5000 watt amp. I know i dont need all of that power but it was given to me so i took it. its been hooked up for about 6 months and a few months ago i notice the noise so i had the amp turned down but it still would do it wen i turnded it up. its 4ohm so i also tried to wire it as a 2ohm because i thought it may have been the wiring and no luck. but i have come to the conclusion to except the fact it may be getting ready to blow and the big amp may have not been turned down enough when i first hooked it up. is there anything else that may be wrong before i end having to buy another sub?

you try and hook that sub up to different amp and check? not sure on those designs on cvx but i had broken a piece of a solox off and it would make a popping noise till i fixed it.

might also check the enclosure to make sure all seams are solid. blown seam can sound like a blown sub.
^^This^^ check to see if you have any enclosure seperation anywhere, or if the sub itself may not be sealed on the cutout

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.