Electrical help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

yungstarter
10+ year member

should i go 4 awg gauge or 0/1 awg gauge for power to a 1600 watt dual amp system?

Also recomendations for a new battery and alternator to put out more power. currently have stock 1994 honda civic ex battery and alternator i believe puts out 75-90 amps of power

Going to be putting in 4 alpine SPR-17C speakers

P400-4 amp to those

2 alpine 12 inch subs

with a 1200watt d class mono amp(undecided)

so about a 1600 rms system

Let me know what wiring i should run from battery and what you recomend for battery and alternator upgrades for my vehicle

Run 1/0 from the battery to a distrobution block at the amps. Then run 4awg from the block to the sub amp. And then 4awg or 8awg(either will be fine) from the block to the mid/high amp.

Run 1/0 from the battery to a distrobution block at the amps. Then run 4awg from the block to the sub amp. And then 4awg or 8awg(either will be fine) from the block to the mid/high amp.
agreed.

I'd suggest 8awg outs to the amp for the mid/high's, the inputs on that amp most likely accept 8awg

agreed.

I'd suggest 8awg outs to the amp for the mid/high's, the inputs on that amp most likely accept 8awg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

yungstarter

10+ year member
yungstarter
California
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from