Electrical for 2kw?

Participant count
  • Participant list

undeadxsunshine
10+ year member

what it is
York, PA
At the moment I have the big 3 done in 1/0, a stock 110 amp alt, and a 20aH batt in the rear. I'm pulling 1200w and not getting any dimming at all, I haven't seen the voltage drop below 13.78V.

I'd like to run an AQ2200d in the future, so what would I need for that? Can I just add another large batter? If so what size? I don't have an isolator, so idk how bad that is for my batteries considering I have the stock batt under the hood. What do you suggest? And I can't get a HO alt, besides the fact that I don't wanna spend the money on one, I doubt I can find one that will fit my car.

Add an extra battery in the back, I have a stock 75 amp alt in my subie and have ran upwards of 3.5k but had 4 125ah batts in the trunk.

At the moment I have the big 3 done in 1/0, a stock 110 amp alt, and a 20aH batt in the rear. I'm pulling 1200w and not getting any dimming at all, I haven't seen the voltage drop below 13.78V.
I'd like to run an AQ2200d in the future, so what would I need for that? Can I just add another large batter? If so what size? I don't have an isolator, so idk how bad that is for my batteries considering I have the stock batt under the hood. What do you suggest? And I can't get a HO alt, besides the fact that I don't wanna spend the money on one, I doubt I can find one that will fit my car.
just wanna ask,where are you seeing this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.