electrical advise

is there a bat in the trunk?......if there is then you might have to spend the mula, and get an ho alt. but for having the heater on full blast, i was expecting worse.

is there a bat in the trunk?......if there is then you might have to spend the mula, and get an ho alt. but for having the heater on full blast, i was expecting worse.
actually the factory location for the battery is in the trunk but yeah just 1 battery

Not an extra battery is going to help with that power hungry amp.In order to maintain constant voltage, you will need to retrieve a High out put alternator.As of right now, you are draining the juice out of the battery, and the alternator is struggling/working HARD to charge that battery back up, and it is putting a strain on your electrical system, if you want constant voltage and be at 14v consistant.You are going to be bouncing back n forth with voltage with that power hungry amp though.You can place another battery in there, but its gi=oing to be tha same IMO,A cap would drain quickly, and may not have time to charge back up ,unless you get one with a high joules rating.Some times, a cap can help, possibly in this situation??.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

well thats goin to be my 1st major purchase after xmas is a ho alternator and i was contemplating on 2nd battery i just haven't found a good how to on adding a 2nd batt one says use a isolator another one just shows a dual batt setup with no isolator involved btw im looking into a bigger amp after a alt purchase but its up down to a audioque 2200 a hifonics 2400 kicker 2500.1 and or any other thoughts on amps around 2-3k

Yes I have one for $230 shipped, and is top line and not the entry level crap that everyone has trashed this co about.You get what you pay for most of the time.Worth the money, and is 2k plus.Great amp..I have chose to go back to the 2ohm stability world.Works flawlessly.Pm me is interested/or anyone else..Thanks[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH], Also have the 4125 HCT, that is 2k x2 @1ohms if interested, and will ship for $260

If you're worried about electrical, I'd look to an amp that is more efficient. And an amp that is notorious for doing rated power efficiently (not hifonics). You get what you pay for, 2 amps may put out the same power, but one may do it with 50% efficiency, and the other may do it with 90% efficiency, less power going to waste. I didn't watch the vid, but if what ecrack said is true, not dropping below 13.5 with heater and lights on, I wouldn't not be worried in the slightest.

If you're worried about electrical, I'd look to an amp that is more efficient. And an amp that is notorious for doing rated power efficiently (not hifonics). You get what you pay for, 2 amps may put out the same power, but one may do it with 50% efficiency, and the other may do it with 90% efficiency, less power going to waste. I didn't watch the vid, but if what ecrack said is true, not dropping below 13.5 with heater and lights on, I wouldn't not be worried in the slightest.
ok there are so many amps out its hard to choose what amp to get anymore and rather there worthy of producing the claimed wattage i love my kicker 1500.1 but i know there power hungry amps but seriously leaning towards audio que ive heard nothing bad about these amps yet,hifonics just seem to much to be true

Loved my 2200d best 2k amp I have owned until my most recent 2k amp. 13.5 is fine I ws expecting something in the mid to low 12's...
db okur where the h*ll u guys find these non big name brand amps from

Bro I wouldn't waste the money. Your dropping .5 volts. By getting your voltage to stay at a constant 14.0 then your only gonna gain like 1/6 the power of your amp back, non noticeable.
no no im not right yet i just wanted to check my current electric but im starting a upgrade the 1st of the year and was just goin to start with a ho alt unless running a 2-3k amp wont require a ho amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.