Efficient Box for SP4 15?

What exactly do you have "under control"?

And please explain what?

I am going exactly off of what Shawn had told me from FI when I was running my BL. He and I planned out a box, and the initial plan was to add more power to go to the SP4 in the future. The box I personally was using was basically what I explained to him. The FI subs love port, unlike most other brands.

Or are you talking about the ohm load rise? I understand that every box has rise, some a LOT more than others. But you should not "plan" for it. And rise is not constant, it varies depending on the frequency. As far as that is concerned I am giving him safe advice. I would rather see him have a healthy sub vs him sending it way too much power and having to recone the thing after a few not 100% clean songs.

The sub will see clean power will not be pushed far beyond its limits I am sure you know all the circumstances in which it will be setup though. I have been doing this for quite a while as long as he leaves it alone once I set it all up it will be fine for years to come as all others I have setup have been.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sub will see cleqn power will not be pushed far beyond its limits I am sure you know all the circumstances in which it will be setup though. I have been doing this for quite a while as long as he leaves it alone once I set it all up it will be fine for years to come as all others I have setup have been.
Are we talking about BenBen or the original poster?

I am not saying anything against you setting it up, hell I did not know you were setting it up. I know you know what your doing, I was just under the impression he was setting this all up himself.

Big power setups like this, you gotta know what your doing OR have someone who does set this stuff up haha!

oh yea? Guess you just recruited another audio guru who is willing to learn from anyone who is willing to teach. @dbeez

The sub will see cleqn power will not be pushed far beyond its limits I am sure you know all the circumstances in which it will be setup though. I have been doing this for quite a while as long as he leaves it alone once I set it all up it will be fine for years to come as all others I have setup have been.
Oh yea? You just recruited another audio guru who is willing to learn as long as your willing to teach.

Not quite sure what that is supposed to mean?
I was just saying that if hes willing to help me with the brainstorm behind the development of my upcoming build..id be willing to listen. Im not one of those audio guys who thinks that they know more then the next fool. We're all fools in a sense.. but this fool is humble enough to take in all advice.

I am not saying anything against you setting it up, hell I did not know you were setting it up. I know you know what your doing, I was just under the impression he was setting this all up himself.

Big power setups like this, you gotta know what your doing OR have someone who does set this stuff up haha!
I will be doing benbens setup for him tuning it and all he is limited on space so some comprimises had to be made where the rlextra power will come in handy.

I will be doing benbens setup for him tuning it and all he is limited on space so some comprimises had to be made where the rlextra power will come in handy.

I was just saying that if hes willing to help me with the brainstorm behind the development of my upcoming build..id be willing to listen. Im not one of those audio guys who thinks that they know more then the next fool. We're all fools in a sense.. but this fool is humble enough to take in all advice.
Haha, that is true man. Every one starts somewhere. There is still TONS of crap I don't know or understand about this hobby, but luckily for the forums I learn more and more every day.

Oh ok. That is good man. I'm sure his shit will pound once its all setup. The SP4 is a monster, and I really love that sub. I would not be shocked if I end up with two of those this year at some point.

Unfortunately I am not an fi fan at all after running one of their speaker but I will do what I can for the community and bsems I will try and get on here tonight and help you I have alot going on today including designing a box for my buddy jock hater tonight since I didnt get home in time to do it last night

Oh and so everyone knows even as much as I do know and as long as ive been in this hobby I do not know it all and will never know it all. The second you think you know everything is the point at witch you should stop wise men always keeps ears open and continue to learn until they die.

Unfortunately I am not an fi fan at all after running one of their speaker but I will do what I can for the community and bsems I will try and get on here tonight and help you I have alot going on today including designing a box for my buddy jock hater tonight since I didnt get home in time to do it last night
Sounds cool bro, I'm in no rush really. Im going to try and make sure I do this build with the best quality and craftsmanship possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.