Efficient Box for SP4 15?

@dbeez ; is doing mine tuned to 33, i know alot of people say tune around 28-30 and its great.. my box will be around 3.5 cu i think but im running a saz 3k on it and soon adding 1 more to strap

[quote name='-BenBen-']@dbeez ; is doing mine tuned to 33, i know alot of people say tune around 28-30 and its great.. my box will be around 3.5 cu i think but im running a saz 3k on it and soon adding 1 more to strap[/QUOTE]

so your going to put 6k at that sub?

Man even after I finish my setup.. looks (from the sigs) like both of yall's system is going to diarrhea on mine. -__- //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

[quote name='-BenBen-']@dbeez ; is doing mine tuned to 33, i know alot of people say tune around 28-30 and its great.. my box will be around 3.5 cu i think but im running a saz 3k on it and soon adding 1 more to strap[/QUOTE]

If you do that the sub will blow inside of a few songs.

As far as enclosure, 4 cubes NET with 18" of port per foot using about 82" or so of port will work well. These subs move tons of air and love larger ports. They also sound like **** in small boxes, so your gonna need something around 6-6.5 gross size to get about 4 net after port and sub displacement.

You'r getting on the SP4 movement too huh? I just placed my order a few days ago. Dual 2 15 w/ cooling. And I too will be looking for a good box design. I've had the RE XXX 12" in the past...the 2005 model, yes the better one! lol. And I had that in a 94 Camry. Strong Lported enclosure..and got pretty low from what I remember. ( I sold it back in 2007)
But anyways.. what are you putting your SP4 in? I have a 07 camry..and will more than likely start this build with a rear firing ported.. hopefully i can get 4.0-4.2 cubes to fit back there w/o taking up the entire trunk.

What amp are you gettin that 2kWatts from?
I was going too but I think I'm going to go with a audiopulse revo 15 to save myself the headache, trunk room, and money lol. I have a '04 civic. Let me know how it goes for ya man! I've always wanted one side I heard about them lol. Oh and I have a mmats 2000.1

I was going too but I think I'm going to go with a audiopulse revo 15 to save myself the headache, trunk room, and money lol. I have a '04 civic. Let me know how it goes for ya man! I've always wanted one side I heard about them lol. Oh and I have a mmats 2000.1
For sure bro, while you're trying to save yourself from headaches.. I'll be trying to give them!

so your going to put 6k at that sub?
i figured with box rise ect it wouldnt be that high, but i was told they can take around 5k without a problem. i just know itll do more then the 3k its rated at. maybe a aq 3500.1 would do

They can't take that much power. Give the thing 3k and call it done. Unless you want to buy lots of recones for it.

Just because someone "said you can do it" does not make it fact. They are amazing subs but if you want to run 6k you need two of them. And you should NEVER account for rise. Rise does not happen across the board, it may rise 1ohm at 40 Hz but not at all at 32. Build your stuff for the rated ohm load and just hope you don't get a ton of rise.

i figured with box rise ect it wouldnt be that high, but i was told they can take around 5k without a problem. i just know itll do more then the 3k its rated at. maybe a aq 3500.1 would do
I don't think you'll notice a difference from just 500 watts. They can take more like you said, but Id be real careful bro. If I were you I would just make my box bigger, if you can. And I really doubt that a couple hz higher tuning will "blow" like he said. Just do what you want man, it's your system, you live and learn.

i only said that cause the aq amp does 4300 at 1 ohm. but i will see what the saz 3000 will do 1st. should be pretty loud coming from a ap 1800

It should take 4k if you know how to properly set gains. It won't take 6, I don't care what anyone says. Not for a long amount of time anyways. The surrounds tear right off the SP4's.

If you do that the sub will blow inside of a few songs.

As far as enclosure, 4 cubes NET with 18" of port per foot using about 82" or so of port will work well. These subs move tons of air and love larger ports. They also sound like **** in small boxes, so your gonna need something around 6-6.5 gross size to get about 4 net after port and sub displacement.
please explain cant wait to hear this

They can't take that much power. Give the thing 3k and call it done. Unless you want to buy lots of recones for it.
Just because someone "said you can do it" does not make it fact. They are amazing subs but if you want to run 6k you need two of them. And you should NEVER account for rise. Rise does not happen across the board, it may rise 1ohm at 40 Hz but not at all at 32. Build your stuff for the rated ohm load and just hope you don't get a ton of rise.
we will see i think i got this well under control.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.