ED EHQS8 8" Subs - $5 each plus shipping

ok so price where they make like 2 dollars an 8" sub and they would still sell like hot cakes. dont have to win the lotto off selling low end. its made just to push out the door.
You are completely guessing at eD's necessary/acceptable profit margins. I see no point in contributing to that discussion any further.

You are completely guessing at eD's necessary/acceptable profit margins. I see no point in contributing to that discussion any further.
well im sure they didnt lose thier @ss on these 8's. so whats the problem on doing it again?

Uhm... right. Gain some perspective, eD is a relatively small speaker manufacturer, they would go out of business fast selling speakers for 5 buccks each and/or making 50 cents per sale.
I'm going to agree with that.

50 cents profit before paying wages, mortgage, utilities, banks ends up at not making money at all.

They were only sold like that to get space in our warehouse being taken up by them.

That's it.

Oh I know.
Here is exactly what happens.

The customer is on our site and presses pay with Paypal.

On the next page they press Confirm Order and Paypal opens.

In Paypal you sign in.

After you sign in, you press the Pay XXXX Now button.

After payment, you'll end up at a page showing where your Paypal page says the order will ship along with Merchant Contact info. There's a button that now says "Return to Elemental Designs." Apparently they've changed the look of that page recently.

At this point in time, Paypal has transfered funds to our account but has not actually notified our software of a payment being received. If this page is closed, we are not notified of payment and there won't be an order processed on the site.

Once that button is pressed, you are taken back to Elemental Designs and given the message of "Your Order Has Been Processed." At this point, there is an order in the system for you.

If the button isn't pressed, our web site is not notified of payment, but it is sent to us.

Since the site wasn't notified of payment, the order isn't actually processed, the items stay in the customers shopping cart, and we have the money.

9am the next business day rolls around and I download all the Paypal transactions from the previous 24 hours and check them against orders placed.

If there is money there from an order that doesn't exist in our system, I sign in to our admin page and process the order with the items in their shopping cart noting the Paypal transaction ID in the notes.

Then I have to go back and edit the timestamp on the order to reflect when the Paypal payment was made.

It's something like a person going through the order process up until the final page, getting a total, and sending in a money order without confirming their order. They've still got stuff in their shopping cart and we'll end up with money that has no order. We go in, check their account, find that they have the exact amount of items in their cart as they sent money for and we process the order.

Does that make a bit more sense?
yes, that makes more sense than 'we got the money, but didnt get paid'.
So I assume you are going back and looking to see who ordered when, and distributing orders accordingly...? Or did everyone whose order wasn't confirmed go to the back of the line? Just wondering.

edit: oh, and obviously you guys should have askeda bit more money for those things, huh?

Remember, this isn't ICIX, we question things here.
this made me spit up coke on my desk here at work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

well im sure they didnt lose thier @ss on these 8's. so whats the problem on doing it again?
You seem to be sure of alot of things you know nothing about. Did you miss where they said they were discounting these heavily to get rid of them and make space? So, from that, how have you concluded they are still netting a nice little profit? Exactly how much money do you think it costs to produce an 8" speaker? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
this made me spit up coke on my desk here at work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Sorry, I'll have to owe you a wet-wipe. lol

yes, that makes more sense than 'we got the money, but didnt get paid'.
So I assume you are going back and looking to see who ordered when, and distributing orders accordingly...? Or did everyone whose order wasn't confirmed go to the back of the line? Just wondering.

edit: oh, and obviously you guys should have askeda bit more money for those things, huh?
Process all the orders.

Then update the time purchased to reflect when it was actually paid for.

Sort the orders by the time they were paid for.

Ship them out in that order.

So it's like they were ordered properly, I'm not going to penalize people because of the whole how to get Paypal to tell us they paid when they already did problem. And I'm going to make a message next to Paypal on the payment page to explain how to pay.

We used to have a pop-up after you pressed confirm order noting that you had to press the "Return to Merchant" button but people would just disable pop-ups and never see it. Since the pop up went away, the problem has gotten no worse, it's pretty much stayed the same.

And yeah, we probably should have charged a bit more.

You seem to be sure of alot of things you know nothing about. Did you miss where they said they were discounting these heavily to get rid of them and make space? So, from that, how have you concluded they are still netting a nice little profit? Exactly how much money do you think it costs to produce an 8" speaker? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
when you buy lots in that size from china, that price plummets. I bet they paid $2 a pop for em. I can just imagine the rows and rows of 7 year old chinese workers in a sweat shop in Shiheung City slap'n elemental designs stickers on the backs of them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

welp i didnt hit the return to merchant button either, so my order didnt go through .... its kind of a bummer, but not going to lose sleep over missing out on some. $8 shipped 8's... i too have never had to hit return to merchant, the error is totally on paypal/ed side.. i got the email confirm that money was sent.. at least we got an explanation, and maybe we can get some other special deal down the road if this didnt make too many people mad..

when you buy lots in that size from china, that price plummets. I bet they paid $2 a pop for em. I can just imagine the rows and rows of 7 year old chinese workers in a sweat shop in Shiheung City slap'n elemental designs stickers on the backs of them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
i believe i said something like that.

We used to have a pop-up after you pressed confirm order noting that you had to press the "Return to Merchant" button but people would just disable pop-ups and never see it. Since the pop up went away, the problem has gotten no worse, it's pretty much stayed the same.
Oh you use to have a solution to this problem?
After payment, you'll end up at a page showing where your Paypal page says the order will ship along with Merchant Contact info. There's a button that now says "Return to Elemental Designs." Apparently they've changed the look of that page recently.
But if you use to have a solution to this problem, why did you imply this was due to a recent change in paypal's page?
Sounds like you are handling the transaction order fairly. I bet you loved showing up to work today tofind this little mess to clean up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.