Easiest way to make a Speaker hole

I got my cheap 30 dolla jig saw.... now, is there a certain type of cutting blade i should buy? They have like 500 types of blades in sears ..... obviously i need something for wood but is there a certain blade (from your experience) that will cut through the **** like butter?

i used the blade that came with it... so i guess just buy one that looks like the one that came with it.... mine did not cut like a hot knife on butter..... but i guess its 30 bucks and it does its job fairly well.... mdf is pretty hard especially if its 3/4"

A good tip here is no matter what tool you use, be it a router, jigsaw, rotozip or whatever, make sure that you buy carbide bits & blades. MDF will kill non carbide tools right now. I use a router and a jigsaw to cut perfect circles. You can make a jig for free out of a pice of scrap MFD. Here is a picture of my first router jig, amazingly simple. Drill a hole for the bit to protrude through and bolt it to the bottom of your router. Then just measure from the tip of the bit to the radius of the circle you want and drill a small hole for a finishing nail to go into, then drill a matching hole at the center point of your circle. set the jig on the workpiece with the nail in the hole you just drilled and spin the router in a circle. I usually cut about 3/4 the way through with the router then go back around with the jigsaw, then finish it up with a flush bit on the router. You can do it with just a router though.

I realize that you said you dont really have any tools, but a router is invaluable if you plan on doing alot of this kind of thing, and you could allways charge other poeple to cut nice circles for them to cover the cost of the tools.

MVC-887F.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.