Dying battery? ACC doesn't work unless 12+ is also connected

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey, guys. I wasn't sure how to search the forums for this so ... hope you don't mind the post if this has already been answered four hundred thousand and six times.

First, yes, I know this isn't a good idea so please spare the flames, friends. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've correctly wired my accessory wire to the trunk (tried both the receiver wire and the cigarette lighter). They worked great until one day I noticed my amps weren't turning on.

To check and see if my amps were blown, I directly connected the 12+ battery wire to the ACC with a four inch lil guy. They turned on without any issue. Interestingly enough, when I turned the ignition to off, everything shut off smilingly and without any pop or smoke or hell freezing over.

My question: what's going on here? My guess is that the battery is going but the car starts without any hesitation.

With the weather being a generous -14 this morning, I wasn't able to bust out the DMM and see what voltage I'm getting from the ACC. My guess is that it's under 12v. I'm curious to know what could cause the accessory wires to run under 12v.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

supoaneko

supoaneko
Springfield, MA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
supoaneko