Dvc

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by MR_LOWRIDER Can a 2+2 dvc sub run 2 ohms also if you wire only one VC?
Yes.

Few things you need to do in order to keep things healthy and in the green though.

1. Take the second coil, and short it out. (IE: Take a piece of wire and jump the + and - together.

(this will keep your speaker parameters the same, the only difference now will be that you lost efficiency because of driving the single coil)

2. Cut your power handling in at least half.

(single coil, less thermal dissipation happening there, you cannot expect to send full RMS power through a single coil)

If you leave the second coil open, you have altered your T/S parameters to some extent and your system Q will raise, typically leading to boomy/innacurate bass. So to keep the playing field level, just short the coil out, and it will be the identical sub, minus some efficiency.

Kool ****..,thanks i was just wondering about it so i need a very high end sub that handles alot of power if i only want to use one of the vc's and drive it hard(half the recomended rms)right.Thanks:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.