DSP

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tarron91

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey everyone! So i have (2) Sundown X3 dual 2 ohm 12 inch subs that I'm getting installed in a 2015 impala LTZ. So far i have the amp (Cerwin Vega CVPRO5K), subs (of course), big 3 upgrade (installed), 400 amp alternator (installed), and LC2i Pro 2 channel line out converter. I have been told i should invest in a really good DSP. There is a lot different brands out there but I'm willing to spend the money on a good one. I'm keeping my factory speakers (for right now). I'm actually taking this to a local good rep car audio shop to let them do the install but wanted to get the DSP first so i have everything. I'm still new to trying to figure out how to use it. I know they help fine tune your system. Can you all recommend a really good one?

Thanks in advance!!

I would wait until you get your system completed. The LC7i PRO has a built subsonic filter at 22hz and until you get the rest of what you will need to complete the setup, getting DSP just for the subs is a waste of money, It will not be used in conjunction with LC7ipro as a dedicated or embedded DSP control will likely supplant it.

When you know what the new speakers, possibly a new HU, amplifier(s) etc. then get the DSP unit to tune the car. With stock speakers and stock power to those speakers, really no point.

Additionally, many multi channel amplimers are now inbedding DSP controllers too, so again, you should wait to see how that pans out.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...