DSP Options?

greydmv

Whatsup guys? Its taken some time but I finally have come to the full understanding of why DSPs are so vital to a great sounding setup. My research shows that the Audison Bit One/Ten and the Fosgate 3sixty.3 are the main players in this arena, however there are some other options such as Helix, JBL and so on that have products as well.

I have Audiosn and Fosgate dealers local to me however I cannot really tell a whole lot of difference outside of which brand you prefer. If anyone has any feedback based upon hands on experience I would appreciate it.

I will be using the DSP for OEM integration of the factory Navigation of my G37 Sedan, I havent chosen my front stage components yet but I am considering either Voce or Mille, focal is a bit sharp for my ears.

I also have a PDX-9 Amp and a 12w3 for Bass.

Thank you in advance.

Ive enjoyed using the PPI DEQ.8 software. MiniDSP based and very easy to get it to do what you want. Also the Helix DSP seems to be fairly user friendly.

I have a JBL MS8 currently and it is great if you don't want to spend hours setting everything up and tuning it.

Whatsup guys? Its taken some time but I finally have come to the full understanding of why DSPs are so vital to a great sounding setup. My research shows that the Audison Bit One/Ten and the Fosgate 3sixty.3 are the main players in this arena, however there are some other options such as Helix, JBL and so on that have products as well.
I have Audiosn and Fosgate dealers local to me however I cannot really tell a whole lot of difference outside of which brand you prefer. If anyone has any feedback based upon hands on experience I would appreciate it.

I will be using the DSP for OEM integration of the factory Navigation of my G37 Sedan, I havent chosen my front stage components yet but I am considering either Voce or Mille, focal is a bit sharp for my ears.

I also have a PDX-9 Amp and a 12w3 for Bass.

Thank you in advance.
Good start... research is important when planning out a system.

Since focal is sharp for your ears I'd go with Mille.

I have yet to see a single review from anyone who wasn't happy with their set. Myself personally I loved my Mille set

As for A DSP you're going to get different answers as everyone likes to run different brands.

Audison Bit One

(A great unit for what you need it for if you plan on running a 3-way active front stage in the future)

Audison Bit Ten

(If you only need 6 channels... i'd still go bit one to have the extra 2 channels)

Arc Audio PS8

(Great unit)

Mosconi 6-8

(Priced higher but Excellent unit)

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3

(what i'm running now via Digital Optical cable... love it)

JBL MS-8

(the best option for Auto EQ if you want to make life easier on yourself)

If the Audison dealer has a Bit Tune you may want to go that route. It's a very powerful tool to help the dealer get Bit one set up to your liking. However, they need to understand what to do if the factory amplifier applies delays to some of the speakers, if they need to get the signal after the amplifier.

yeah I believe they have a Bit Tune, when I spoke with them, they mentioned that if I decided to source the equipment myself that the most important thing is the tune, and it would really be worth the drive to get it done. If they were as close as the two Fosgate dealers it would have already made my decision for me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you want the wow elite factor get the most expensive. If you want something that will work about the same as the wow get the cheapest.. Whatever you get make sure you have a help base to help you out during the process, either a good dealer or good phone support

If you want the wow elite factor get the most expensive. If you want something that will work about the same as the wow get the cheapest.. Whatever you get make sure you have a help base to help you out during the process, either a good dealer or good phone support
This is important. If you have a dealer that is knowledgeable and can help you tune it, get the bit one. I think it comes with the controller included? I like that. Mosconi is a nice unit, though I've read the support is lacking and there aren't that many dealers. I almost bought it. PS8 is a great unit, but still no controller. I've not seen other interfaces, but some people don't like the RF software. Arc software is straight forward (standard mode) and very easy to use. It's advanced mode is probably unmatched in the industry, but there are very few that venture there. Their support is excellent and US based.

If the price is fair and you can rely on the dealer for support after the sale, Bit One is the winner here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.