Door panel deadening build with photos!

It makes such a big difference stopping vibrations. It laso helps seal the door so it is more like an sealed enclosure. Dynamat and a few other companies sell door kits. I bought a 15 x 50 roll of Raamat for $120 plus tax but its enough to do 8 doors or more! Dynamat is a great product but very costly. I saw the 2 door kit at circuit city for $70 so I decided to pay a bit more and have a ton of the stuff! If you lived closer I would give you my extra hahaha

I like how you put a giant sponge inside your door.
I'm not sure how to take that remark......

It is closed cell and waterproof. I was hoping to help improve the sound quality. It may have not done anything but you don't know unless you try!

Ok, closed cell and waterproof ftw. I thought you stuck some plain old egg crate in there, which equates to mega fail.

So long as it doesn't hold water, you're alright.

Ok, closed cell and waterproof ftw. I thought you stuck some plain old egg crate in there, which equates to mega fail.
So long as it doesn't hold water, you're alright.
I made sure it was water proof. Who really knows how much it will help but I had the doors torn apart so I added it.

I'm not sure how to take that remark......
It is closed cell and waterproof. I was hoping to help improve the sound quality. It may have not done anything but you don't know unless you try!
It might help diffuse any artifacts in the higher frequencies of the passband of the driver due to it's contoured shape. If you did indeed build a baffle as I stated earlier, I think any improvement you hear is likely due to placebo. It's a poor absorber of sound because it's closed cell and closed cell materials **** at that.

I used the exact same thing (good old Wally World) back in the day and felt it did something, but not exactly sure since I never measured.

One thing is for sure, make sure your window doesn't catch it an put it up between the skin and the window. Mind did and it was a ***** to get out.

i was told by a friend im going to need about 25 square feet per door
Well a roll of rammat is 60 sq feet and it is much better then edead according to what I have read. I would say just go with a roll of that.

Nice MLKs. I'm torn between those n some Focal 165K2p..
I heard the Focals are very nice too. But after having 2 sets of kicker comps....they were very harsh on the tweeter so I really wanted some softer tweets. I have been told that the focals arent as soft as the Hertz. Thats what made up my mind.

How much are a set of the FocalK2P's?

It is indeed a very nice job!

I just ordered some new components (Morel Tempo 6) and 62 sq FT of RaamMatt or w/e its called. I plan on doing it just like yours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

I really like the idea of the modeling clay.

Awesome job man.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.