Does somebody on here like Moe Lester design boxes for a fee?

Camineet
10+ year member

N/A
I'd love to use a box like the ones in the sticky by Moe Lester, but the ports on all of them are firing forward. I need a box where the port is on the bottom. Can anyone use some software to design a box for me for a fee? Thanks.

why dont you just use the same port dimensions as moe lesters, but run the port where you want it instead?

I'd like to do this, but I'd really like to pay someone to actually provide me with a drawing of it. I'm a little bit older, and I have to do a cost benefit ratio on every move I make because of much I've come to equate time with money (I'm an MBA). So if someone can spend 35 minutes or whatever putting together a drawing with the frequency to which I want to tune, and the space and shape constraints that I provide, and only charge me for an hour at their usual rate, then I would probably be better off than trying to draw this up on my own. Plus, when I go to get the wood and get my professional kitchen cabinet building buddy to actually help me put the box together at his shop, it would really help to have that drawing.

Professional kitchen cabinet builder, mind you. Not just the ordinary cabinet builders will suffice. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Right, I guess that was redundant eh PV? heh.

Ok Jman, great. Well, I really don't know which one to choose. Did you read the thread about where I'm putting these boxes? Please check it out if you have a moment. I also need some guidance on where to tune. I want SQ, not SPL. I understand that this is generally a low tune, but I don't know where exactly to tune. I don't want to be into the extreme end of the SQ/low spectrum such that I don't get a decent rocking box. So where should I be? 28 or 30hz or something? I need to also provide the measurements of the constraints under which I'm operating. In order to do that, I need to take care of a few things that will hopefully be completed over the course of the coming week. Namely, my front seats need to go back in and I need to take some measurements. Now that I think about it, it may be a while before I can actually provide the size constraints I will encounter. For the time being, if you wouldn't mind reading about the wall in the wall thread, that'd be great. Thanks.

Well, I guess I'll submit a request for quote when I'm ready to pull the trigger on this. Thanks for all the help on this guys. I'll be in touch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.