Do not know what the problem is...Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

cooldudejz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
N.H.
i have a sony headunit, a pg xenon 600.1 and a 12' mag in a 1.43ft^3 sealed enclosure. i have the gain set accordingly with a dmm. the problem is for some reason my sub barely moves at almost full volume. it is like i am only sending it 100watts. to make sure nothing was wrong with the sub i hooked up a friend's orion 100watt amp and the thing moved like crazy. my question is what could be causing my amp to be putting out such little power. i think i may need a new battery, but would that be affecting the performance of the amp that much. i mean the mag is not moving at all. could this be a bad ground or something. this is driving me crazy. thanx

For starters, you could have just not set the gains right. My DMM recently died on me and gave false readings across the board. Try setting it by ear and see if things get better.

I got neg'd in this thread for what I said. I don't get it. DMMs die. If they do, their reading are false and that can be hell setting a gain if you're not aware of the problem. It happened to me.

EDIT: My sig accounts for a growing population of ca.com.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.