comp vr hitting grill

cazorp
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok well, i turned my bass up higher on my headunit today, my gain is set at right about halfway on my amp and i heard a weird noise coming from my trunk.

so i pop it and listen and all of the sudden i see what is happening.

my comp vr was hitting the kicker grill that is made for the subwoofer, the grill is metal and kind of sharp i dont want it to bust the woofer so i turned it down, is there anything i can do to fix this??? or do i just leave my bass down???

thanks

Zach

well i would get rid of the grill, but i have to keep my golf clubs in my trunk and it sounds terrible rattling my golf bag so thats why i put the grills on in the first place.

any other ideas??

Zach

ahh good idea ... maybe weather stripping as a spacer??

would that work, it would probably have to be a good bit of space ... any better ideas for spacing??

thanks

Zach

firewall rubber gormets are the best. no rattle and you can screw right thourgh them. or even try wood spacers. drill a small hole thourgh it and then paint it black and tada theres a spacer

autozone, o'riely's, advanced auto parts. or even the faucet alise in home depot. i think there "water flow resistors" or something like that but go with firewall gormets there your best bet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.