Do i need to vent an agm?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I got a small agm under the hood already...I didn't wanna deal with dueling resting voltages 😂

I'm just waiting on time to free up to mount my 2nd battery. I was telling my uncle what I was doing (and while I'm sure I'm fine) he said I can't mount a battery on the driver's side passenger floorboard without venting. I know with a standard lead acid battery you need some sort of venting, and I'm going agm. He did raise enough of doubt that I'd rather ask the dumb question...do I need to vent an agm in the passenger compartment?

Trunk mounted batteries are vented out of the trunk, so I would think the same would apply to one in the passenger compartment. I know passenger compartment isn't 100% sealed, but some (ie mine) is pretty well sealed. Batteries off gas hydrogen, which could lead to an explosion.

Maybe I'll run up to battery shop on vacation in a couple weeks and see what they can do...they do a lot of fabrication for trucks and farm equipment 😂

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...