Do I need to upgrade my alternator

Participant count
  • Participant list

mikeysheff12

CarAudio.com Recruit
I’m building a lithium bank soon when the parts come in and I’m not sure as of how to wire it up. I still have the stock battery and stock alternator. I planned on keeping it and putting the lithium bank in my trunk. Do you connect it just like you would a secondary battery? Also do I need to upgrade my alternator. I’ve seen quite a few things on overworking the alternator and blowing it up possibly. I’m not sure if that would be the case with mine. I’m building a 64ah bank to power a 2k rms amp

I upgraded my alternator before I added lithium. If i could do it again, I would add lithium first. I say add lithium and then decide if you need a bigger alternator. Alternators lag demand by enough that your headlights still dim.

I upgraded my alternator before I added lithium. If i could do it again, I would add lithium first. I say add lithium and then decide if you need a bigger alternator. Alternators lag demand by enough that your headlights still dim.
Alright. Only one more question. How do I wire it up. Do i wire it straight from my battery just like you would a secondary battery

I read that and I’m still a little bit confused, I don’t want to get an isolator unless I have to and I don’t necessarily want to delete my stock battery so the only option on that website is to wire it straight to the alternator. My question is where would you put the negative then and everything I’ve seen when I’ve looked this up is saying to get a charger for the lithium bank or a battery management system. I don’t really want to spend much more than I already am on building the lithium bank

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...