Subwoofers LOW!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lilvinnie

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2015 WRX which I used a axxess LOC from the factory headunit to my Jenson 1200w amplifier wired to two subs. They were LOUD. The bass hit exactly how I wanted it to. I couldn’t turn it up on the individual amp volume more than half due to it being too much. A week later I replaced my factory HU with a Boss BE62CP. After wiring everything up and hooking up my SWC I made the install look fairly neat. HOWEVER, the subs just don’t hit. Subwoofer is turned on in setting of HU and the lpf is set to 80 as well. Amp gain is about half way with lpf on 80 and individual volume on max. Even tried using bass boost and loudness toggle. I’ve turned the sub volume up on HU as well as on the amp and unless I’m over 35 on the HU volume it’s almost non existent. Luckily the stock speakers are fairly good with decent power going to them. I’m really stuck on what could cause this since everything worked before and I only changed the radio and added longer speaker wire to the subs so it could look neater. Used 6ga wire for power and ground and I believe 18ga for the subs. Any advice will be helpful. At the moment I’m think it’s the low cost amp needing to be replaced.

LOC likely gives higher voltage than an entry level head unit. Have you tried adjusting the gain on the amp?
I have. A little concerned with just cranking it all the time since I have no tools to see the input and output. There’s still a significant difference between stock and new HU even with gain up.

I have. A little concerned with just cranking it all the time since I have no tools to see the input and output. There’s still a significant difference between stock and new HU even with gain up.
Two things come to mind. Since you removed the OEM radio, did you also remove the LOC? You have to wire an RCA set straight from the new radio's Sub Out to the sub amplfier. If that was already done, check the polarity of the subwoofer wires.

Two things come to mind. Since you removed the OEM radio, did you also remove the LOC? You have to wire an RCA set straight from the new radio's Sub Out to the sub amplfier. If that was already done, check the polarity of the subwoofer wires.
Yes the LOC was removed. Didn’t seem necessary to keep with having sun outputs. Will check the polarity first thing tomorrow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...