Do i need to get a cap with this build

alex50
10+ year member

Got everything delivered but the sub, and just worrying that when i hook all this up its going to strain my alternator or dim the lights.

JL 500 1/v2 powering a 10w7, and JL 4 channel 500 powering 4 5x7s and 2 tweeters. I upgraded the alternator from the stock 80 to the 200amp, and put a yellow optima in.

With the system i had before i put in the upgraded alternator and battery it would dim with the beat, and actually killed my alternator. I hear A Lot of Caps are just a waste. My concern is i have a Mustang GT with 450hp, which imo causes it to use more amps. as well as a remote start alarm. Should i go ahead and get a 1 farad cap?

Don't want get this all installed and then get charged outrageous by the install guys in need of a cap.

Help please?

Would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Got everything delivered but the sub, and just worrying that when i hook all this up its going to strain my alternator or dim the lights.
JL 500 1/v2 powering a 10w7, and JL 4 channel 500 powering 4 5x7s and 2 tweeters. I upgraded the alternator from the stock 80 to the 200amp, and put a yellow optima in.

With the system i had before i put in the upgraded alternator and battery it would dim with the beat, and actually killed my alternator. I hear A Lot of Caps are just a waste. My concern is i have a Mustang GT with 450hp, which imo causes it to use more amps. as well as a remote start alarm. Should i go ahead and get a 1 farad cap?

Don't want get this all installed and then get charged outrageous by the install guys in need of a cap.

Help please?

Would really appreciate it.

Thank you
You're buying JL, you're already being charged outrageous.

shoot me a pm with ur cell# ill send u a few pics of the 30 farad cap i have ill sell u shipped to ur door for 75 had inputs and outputs so it makes a clean install. AND has a digital voltage display . this cap is a 30 farad cap good for "30,000" watts for 2 seconds as they claim. im using a second 1 myself i bought 2 and dnt need the 2nd. this cap will work perfect for what u need. may even drop price depending on how soon u grab it

this post is full of lol.

200amp alt, and you want to add a 1 farad cap? 450hp uses more amps? remote uses more amps?

i hope you know that "install guys" are also business guys and will sell you as much as you'll buy, including muffler bearings for your 450hp.

how did you end up going with such great equipment in the 1st place????

im not trying to bee offensive, i like to learn about things before i buy, apparently not everyone does...

^^^^^i am deff with this guy also 75% of these guyes will just fck with you bro but trust me an others that said it get you a second batt in the back you will be more happy with that than that cap. i myself think caps are useless but they serve some kind of purpose but i havent learned what that is just yet.

think about it bro

^^^^^i am deff with this guy also 75% of these guyes will just fck with you bro but trust me an others that said it get you a second batt in the back you will be more happy with that than that cap. i myself think caps are useless but they serve some kind of purpose but i havent learned what that is just yet. think about it bro
why do you reply when you dont even know how a second battery works. tell me how? also tell me ho that will keep your lights from dimming? a 200amp alternator is more than enough for that set-up. Use proper 0gauge and you will have no problems, no need for a second battery.

Uh wow. Some of you are pretty far out there.

Why JL? It's the best I have heard that isn't thousands, and because i can.

Seriously though. Thanks to the Adults with the advice, and the heads up. Appreciate it

lol i use 2 batts in bac & a 30 farad cap y? because most batteries can not discharge the rate an amp requires. so... a cap can. but unless u dont have the storage for additional power, it doesnt work lol. and honestly a h/o alt wont mean no light dimming it means u'll charge ^ the batteries faster. and if ur current battery can not discharge current fast enough then u will get voltage drop EVEN WITH " PROPER 0 AWG WIRE" so in all truth a cap will fix your problem as long as its large enough. lol

i could drop 10 batteries in my truck with multiple runs of 0 AWG to a single amp but unless they are capable of a large current discharge fast, they will be no better than what you have now, so what everyone is saying is a half truth at best. thats why companies who make car audio batteries often market their products with a line something like ( discharges like a cap with the power of a battery)

lol i use 2 batts in bac & a 30 farad cap y? because most batteries can not discharge the rate an amp requires. so... a cap can. but unless u dont have the storage for additional power, it doesnt work lol. and honestly a h/o alt wont mean no light dimming it means u'll charge ^ the batteries faster. and if ur current battery can not discharge current fast enough then u will get voltage drop EVEN WITH " PROPER 0 AWG WIRE" so in all truth a cap will fix your problem as long as its large enough. lol

i could drop 10 batteries in my truck with multiple runs of 0 AWG to a single amp but unless they are capable of a large current discharge fast, they will be no better than what you have now, so what everyone is saying is a half truth at best. thats why companies who make car audio batteries often market their products with a line something like ( discharges like a cap with the power of a battery)
you do realize how uninformed you are? what is the static charge of your batteries? an alternator is electronically controlled, guess what, so is a cap. they are both just as fast. a battery is chemically "controlled" that is how it produces energy. your alternator should rest at 14.4v, your battery at max 13.8. a cap would help you if you were not dropping below 13.8, maybe help you. you battery should not get any drain when you car is on, if it is, then your alternator is not doing it's job. batteries are only meant to start the car and thats it, granted in car audio we tend to use them to power stuff when the car is off. IMO a cap is meant to smoothen power out, not supply it, unless it's being used in a camera and thats a different thing too.

You sir are a moron. And should never log in on this site again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.