Do I need an additional battery? I already have 2 Something isn't adding up?

The piston diameter of the woofers isn't what determines how much power your amp needs to draw. Your "320A" alternator will very probably never output 320A under real world conditions in a vehicle and AGM is a very poor discharge curve beyond .5C or wherever they rate.

Oh, and if you're only running 5S battery bank you had better hope you never charge over 14.4

My truck computer stops the alternator at 14.4.

It shouldn't within our usable range in a car and supposedly these handle full discharge without issue.

My audio guy keeps telling me that five cells is better than 6 in a standard build (14.4v). He says that 5 fully charged cells will function more efficiently than 6 cells that never get fully charged.

My audio guy keeps telling me that five cells is better than 6 in a standard build (14.4v). He says that 5 fully charged cells will function more efficiently than 6 cells that never get fully charged.
That might be. I over-built mine to the point where I wouldn't have to worry so much and over voltage is like the #1 surest way to ruin any battery. I was not that confident in any sort of automotive type regulator to be 100% 100% of the time. Will it charge a little hotter on a hot day? A cold day? Under load? At high RPM spikes? Do keep us posted on this one, not like these cells are prone to explosion or leakage or catastrophic failure so you risk only the cost of the cells and honestly you can probably grossly abuse them and still get more life out of them than any AGM.

That might be. I over-built mine to the point where I wouldn't have to worry so much and over voltage is like the #1 surest way to ruin any battery. I was not that confident in any sort of automotive type regulator to be 100% 100% of the time. Will it charge a little hotter on a hot day? A cold day? Under load? At high RPM spikes? Do keep us posted on this one, not like these cells are prone to explosion or leakage or catastrophic failure so you risk only the cost of the cells and honestly you can probably grossly abuse them and still get more life out of them than any AGM.

It makes sense when you think about it. Why have a six cell battery if you can't charge it up all the way. My five cell battery charges up to 14.2 on my trickle charger and my truck will only charge them up to 14.4. That's perfect for 5 Lishen cells.

So that I don't destroy them if the regulator decides to give me 14.6 or 14.8 occasionally. Are you having poor results with your 6S bank in the other vehicle or something?

They seem to lose voltage fairly quickly. My cells are 2.5v each, but I have seen five cells charged up to 15.2v.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...