Do I need additional batteries if I got a 320amp HO alternator to power 5000w?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aleks15Civic

I'm about to run some serious upgrades. Planning on pushing 5000w RMS. I just ordered a Singer 320amp alternator. I currently have 2 xs power XP950 batteries.

Assuming:

My engine will be always running.

I will only push past 1000 watts when demoing. Never for longer than a single song.

Well rev up when pushing past 1000 watts.

Will have 2 runs of KnuKonceptz 1/0 CCA from alt to front bat, and from front to back bat.

Do I really need extra batteries? I'm giving my wallet quite a beating as is, lol.

*Bracing for the wave of people telling me (If you're asking these questions you're not ready to push that kind of power)* :/

Really? Less than 1k unless your demoing?

I'm just sitting here wondering why your boxes have different lengths of tube sticking out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

You could measure voltage drop at the amp, then buy batteries if necessary..

Really? Less than 1k unless your demoing?
I'm just sitting here wondering why your boxes have different lengths of tube sticking out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

You could measure voltage drop at the amp, then buy batteries if necessary..
different box tunings. Hit the highs and the lows. I thought something like that would cause cancellation but I've heard a properly done one in real life at a comp and that guy's won many SQ/SQL trophies because of that system. Its 150db capable too.

this is the system http://4xspower.com/partners/team/thomas-lingard/

hits 30hz to 120 easily, cleanest sounding system at the comp.

different box tunings. Hit the highs and the lows. I thought something like that would cause cancellation but I've heard a properly done one in real life at a comp and that guy's won many SQ/SQL trophies because of that system. Its 150db capable too.
this is the system Thomas Lingard - XS Power

hits 30hz to 120 easily, cleanest sounding system at the comp.
Wow, I am legitimately surprised

It looks like that just has two ports at the top granted they both could be diff lengths inside the box but wouldnt it need to be 2 diff boxes or wouldnt the tunning be off

And OP you do understand that if your running an amp or amps that are wired to your sub in a desired ohm to run 5k rms it will run 5k rms its not like you can turn a knob and have the only pushing 1krms to the subs

I would stay under 1000rms until I can afford more batteries.

Also the boxes are separate and are tuned at different frequencies. It does wonders.

And what I mean is I would keep the volume down when just casually listening.

It's hard to please people on this forum, but can we please just answer my question?

I would stay under 1000rms until I can afford more batteries.
Also the boxes are separate and are tuned at different frequencies. It does wonders.

And what I mean is I would keep the volume down when just casually listening.

It's hard to please people on this forum, but can we please just answer my question?
You should be fine just turn down the sub level on the head unit for daily listening. Play your hardest song, monitor your voltages and find the sub level setting that does not drop your volts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.