Do i need add a 10 or 12 sub to the 8 inch that does not hit low enough????

^ I was waiting for someone to catch that, and u need to post the specifications of ur box, so we can actually see whether that really is the problem. And make sure when u buy the amp, that it is possible to wire ur sub to it so that the amp is giving it power within the subs limitations, but also if u r going to upgrade later, make sure the news sub(s) can be wired to the correct impedance so that they can get the extra output of the amp, and do some research before u buy, especially with subs, dont just buy mainstream, there are a lot of quality brands out there, that are a lot better than mainstream subs, look at all the ones HazeGrey75 posted and there are still many more, the amp selection is equally important, but the box can be the most important part of the setup, thats where i screwed up, so im about to build my own box too

the problem is not the lows, im betting he is complaining about the output of the sub. Usually people think the lower the sub hits, the louder it is. The truth is that his sutup will not be loud at all with a p2 8 inch sub and a 175 watt amp. buying a new amp will not help him, he needs to just redo his system, it doesn't fit his needs anymore like rabbit said

But he's just gotta do it in order. Best place to start would be an amp. I'd say something that does 1000w at 10hm, and 600w at 4ohms, or around there. Then keep the gains real real low for his sub. Then for a cheaper, quality sub, NEW... I'd say an Obsidian Audio 12, maybe an SSA Dcon, but I think he'll want a bit more power than that at this point.

but he's just gotta do it in order. Best place to start would be an amp. I'd say something that does 1000w at 1 ohm, and 600w at 4ohms, or around there. Then keep the gains real real low for his sub. Then for a cheaper, quality sub, new... I'd say an obsidian audio 12, maybe an ssa dcon, but i think he'll want a bit more power than that at this point.
fixed

But he's just gotta do it in order. Best place to start would be an amp. I'd say something that does 1000w at 10hm, and 600w at 4ohms, or around there. Then keep the gains real real low for his sub. Then for a cheaper, quality sub, NEW... I'd say an Obsidian Audio 12, maybe an SSA Dcon, but I think he'll want a bit more power than that at this point.
Sounds about right, probably worth doing the wiring properly while you're at it, my bet is you're on 8 gauge?

my box is a Ground Shaker SQP18 ported .085 and RF says it suggest .065 is thAT A Huge difference?? the sub does not have much movement even at loud volume i believe my amp is just too small. my sub is rated 250rms will a 300 watt amp be enough power???

Im sure you mean .85 and .65 for cubic feet.

Is it sealed or ported?

The best thing to do for us to tell you anything about your enclosure is get the Length width and height, as well as the port length width and height, also what size mdf its made out of.

Also as far as an enclosure, Do you have a Home Depot in your area? They can make the cuts for you. They are suppose to charge for the cuts (like .25 each or something) but when ever I go there they just do it and I flip the guy a $10. Then if you can use a drill and a jig saw you will be okay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.