Do i need add a 10 or 12 sub to the 8 inch that does not hit low enough????

timsm80
10+ year member

I have a Rockford Fosgate 8 inch p2d48 series sub in a ported box. it hits really good for an 8

but im missing the low freq. though, unless i play rap then it hits low but i mostly listen to country and rock. Well my main question is i want to get a 10 or 12 in the same series of RF

p2 subs, but will the 10 be a good match with the 8 or should i go with the 12??? oh yea i will

also get a better amp to with the added speaker! Thanks Tim

I would say if you want more output then look into another brand of subwoofer. As for keeping the 8" and adding another driver. There is no reason to do so.

Another issue cold be that your enclosure for your current sub is not designed for what you want.

If u like the output, but its just not getting low enough. Then u just need a box built for that speaker, im guessing its in a pre-built box that is to small or large for the sub to preform properly. Probly to small, take some measurements of ure box

no the box is built to specs for the 8 and since i already have it i want to keep it to fill out the midbass freq. i just want which ever sub i get the 10 or 12 to sound

good. you know all the freq. to mix well like a 12 will hit at 20 and the 10 will hit at 30 hetrz. i believe a 10 will blend better!

There is no need to keep it. Just sell it. If the enclosure is built to "spec" from RF it is more then likely NOT built to your application.

If you buy a 10 or 12 or what ever, then ensure you get a good design to build from and you will be more then happy with that setup.

ok what would it sound like??? i heard someone tell the best system they ever heard was a single 8 and 12 inch sub system? if i decided to do that can i run dvc

4ohm on each sub two different boxes obviously ran to 2ohm load???

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

ok what would it sound like??? i heard someone tell the best system they ever heard was a single 8 and 12 inch sub system? if i decided to do that can i run dvc

4ohm on each sub two different boxes obviously ran to 2ohm load???

Sounds like in the back of your mind you have already decided what you want to do.

This is apparent because people are trying to help you and you aren't giving them the resources they need. Help us help you.

could the cheap *** amp i have make a big difference in the sound that im getting ?i think that buying a better amp will let the sub hit a better freq. range

i have a di 175 watt soundstream????thanks Tim

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.