Do I need a 2nd battery? (Already have HO/Big3)

Participant count
  • Participant list

CannedDog

CarAudio.com Newbie
Current Specs

2001 330i
U12 (Adding a 2nd very soon)
Singer 320 AMP
SIA - 3500
O Gauge all round

Since I plan on adding a 2nd U12 and wiring it down to 1 ohm I am worried that I will be drawing to much from one battery. My voltage is at the moment stable. I don't know if this would be a legitimate issue or not.

I would run a second battery. If you can get 2 80 ah AGM batteries, that should keep your voltage solid. You could probably get away with a little less amp hours though, I don't what options you have for a stock sized battery replacement.

I would run a second battery. If you can get 2 80 ah AGM batteries, that should keep your voltage solid. You could probably get away with a little less amp hours though, I don't what options you have for a stock sized battery replacement.
I believe the biggest stock battery I can fit is an H8. Room in the trunk isn't an issue right now (yet), so I can pretty much go with anything.

I believe the biggest stock battery I can fit is an H8. Room in the trunk isn't an issue right now (yet), so I can pretty much go with anything.
If it where me (and granted I prefer to go a little overboard) if you can get 100-125 amp hours out of some good AGM batteries, I don't think you'd have any problems.

Current Specs

2001 330i
U12 (Adding a 2nd very soon)
Singer 320 AMP
SIA - 3500
O Gauge all round

Since I plan on adding a 2nd U12 and wiring it down to 1 ohm I am worried that I will be drawing to much from one battery. My voltage is at the moment stable. I don't know if this would be a legitimate issue or not.

One bank of lithium in the trunk. Less weight, smaller, cheaper, better, and lasts longer.

20210520_193908.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...