Do component speakers run parallel?

Bigger wiring has nothing to do with ohms. Where you getting that info from?
I googled picking speaker size wire and I think it was a post from crutchfield. They had a little table that recommended the size of speaker wire based solely on distance and ohm. They didn't measure whats at all. I've also ready a couple other places that you need to run bigger wire if running a 2ohm load compared to a 4ohm
Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I googled picking speaker size wire and I think it was a post from crutchfield. They had a little table that recommended the size of speaker wire based solely on distance and ohm. They didn't measure whats at all. I've also ready a couple other places that you need to run bigger wire if running a 2ohm load compared to a 4ohm
Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
lol I don't think so son. Now if you were running 30K to a big build, then yes use 8 gauge to subs. but...if your just gonna run a few hundred watts to some speakers, it doesn't matter if you use 12 or 16 gauge. You won't hear a difference. Crutchfield you say? I might have to look into that see wtf their talkin' 'bout.

How is using the EQ to lower mid bass a bad idea?
I've laid out multiple reasons in this thread already why using EQ adjustments to accommodate improper amplifier gain settings is a bad idea. Why would you suggest he leave his amplifier gains set wrong and then compensate by adjusting his equalizer? An equalizer is not meant to compensate for improper gain settings. If the amplifier gain was set correctly to begin with, EQ settings would only come down to environmental and listening preference differences... which is exactly what an EQ is suppose to do.

That's probably fair to say, yes. But Ive been out of the racket for a while, so Im mostly interested in fundamentals at this point.
That's good to hear. We need more people like you on here....so that misinformation doesn't get spread around, if you know what I mean.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.