DIY Enclosure Finish

boister77
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SoCal
i'm in the process of testing an enclosure finish. it's a waterbased protective coating with a blend of polymers that when applied correctly can achieve the apperance and protection of line-x for the fraction of the cost. this is a similar protective coating that is used a pro audio enclousre/cabs usually found on brands such as jbl, eaw, turbosound, ev, and more. it's weather and abrasion resistant and can easily be touched up. it can be either sprayed or painted on. i'm trying to gauge the interest on this product so i can see if there's a demand to sell it.

here are some pics of the finish. in these pics, the product was sprayed with a hopper gun @ 50psi.

durafinish01.jpg

durafinish03.jpg

durafinish05.jpg

durafinish07.jpg

durafinish02.jpg

durafinish03.jpg

durafinish04.jpg

i forgot to mention, but the amount of texture is based on the application process. for example, a heavy splatter can be obtained by spraying at a lower psi where as a light splatter can be obtained by spraying at a higher psi. as for the painting method, texture can be formed by applying the finish with a texturized paint roller.

the first few pics are the finish after it was applied so it wasn't fully cured. i'll shoot more upclose pics of the finish after it's fully cured as it's not as glossy.

on this application...it does. take note that the texture is all user preference as there are many options based on how it's applied.

on this application...it does. take note that the texture is all user preference as there are many options based on how it's applied.
yea i read that, i was just pointing out what it reminded me off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yeah i know, just try to make it clear for others who might be interested //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.