DIY system upgrade help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jason D

CarAudio.com Newbie
DIY system turned out not that good.......

2014 Honda pilot (No metra Kit) so I have to keep factory HU

I cut wires behind head unit and ran two Kicker Kisl RCA’s to my kicker cx360.4. Then a 9 wire back to all 4 speakers which were upgrade to Rockford Fosgate P1675-S in front and Rockford Fosgate R165X3 in rear.
I took an LC2i spliced into rear speakers (where the KISL wires are also spliced) behind HU and connected that to my Kenwood 250 RMS amp with my Rockford fosgate 8” R2D2 sub.

My front speakers sound horrible ( I believe from the HU signal) and the kicker amp keeps overheating and it is so so HOT to touch it makes me nervous to have in my car. The sub sounds nice but it intermittently has no power which I believe has to do with the KISL/ LC2I being spliced together.

My kenwood amp has a pass through I noticed so I am thinking about taking that rear Kisl out and trying to pass through the kenwood amp to my Kicker rear channel instead.

Anyways, I am alone on this upgrade and what started off has an easy sub install (which worked great) turned into wanting more out of my speakers. That’s when I ran into sound issues and sub problems after adding the kicker amp and becoming much more complicated.

My question is: what should I do to fix the speaker sound issue (no bass in speakers, sound high and wrong freq.) and what would you suggest for a better wiring behind the deck. Should I use a 4 channel LOC instead of the KISL’s?? Is there a DSP or an LOC that is “easy” to use and tune for my situation

4 gauge power to a distribution block with 2 8 gauges connecting to the amps. The grounds are both 8 gauges connected to the same point on the chassis.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...