diy active front stage recommendation

Participant count
  • Participant list

atownmack
10+ year member

So this go around I think Im going to run raw drivers in a 2 way active set up. currently my doors are sealed and deadened, and looking at going with raw drivers from madisound and/or parts express. I want a high end sound, but on a budget (champagne but on a beer budget!) I was looking at the these drivers the sb acoustic mid with the seas prestige tweeter or the dayton rs mid paired up with the image dynamics mid or some combination of the 4. For this build Im going for a detailed sound. I want to best front soundstage possible within my budget! Im not married to these options, so feel free to give me any input or suggestions.

SB Acoustics sb17nrxc35 4 ohm

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/sb-acoustics-woofers-6-7/sb-acoustics-sb17nrxc35-4-6.5-woofer/

Seas Prestige H1396 Tweeters

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/auto-tweeters/seas-prestige-27tffnc/g-h1396-1-textile-dome-tweeter/

Or

Dayton RS 180

Dayton Audio RS180-4 7" Reference Woofer 4 Ohm

Image Dynamics XS28

Image Dynamics XS28 1" XS Series Silk Dome Tweeter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.