DISTORTION at medium to high volume level in KENWOOD KMM-BT506DAB + front

id start with making sure you dont have a bass boost or loudness feature turned on

then id set your eq all in the middle position, no boost, no cutting frequencies

that can help prevent clipping (a kind of distortion)

then, if your deck has crossovers, make sure youre using them. 80 or 100hz, should be good

if youre not using a crossover, than can allow your speakers to move too much, causing distortion. speakers can only move so much before they distort the signal

if all thats good, you need more power.. an amp

Sorry for not answering in a few days.

I will search in this HU about bass boost, it's new, so all settings must be from fabric.

I will search about crossovers and HPF filters and I will try if there is any difference with them (this is going to be a slow procedure, now I don't have too much time)

But I think that biggest difference will come with one amp, I think head's unit electronic doesn't have enough power (4x22 W RMS) to move all the coils of rear 35 W RMS speakers and 120 W RMS front speakers (well, first try I told you was with only one speaker, so...)🤔

I will post new comments when I have news to share.

Thank you everyone! and next time I will try to film speakers reactions with and w/o amp or crossover/filters.

One question, can I use crossovers or filters without an amplifier? should Iconnect them to speakers output head unit connectors? or RCA connectors?

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...