diregarding the cost, 12w7...

it's not quite that simple as far as how much louder it gets... ANYWAYS...

go ahead an turn up the bass boost a bit, 3 db is not huge, just make sure that you don't crank it to the point of clipping.

I woul adjust your boost on the deck first tho.

all right, different question now - I've been listening to all sorts of music with the sub - hip hop / trance / techno / progressive house / pop / etc and have noticed that it sounds best with hip hop. Is that just because the beats are slower and deeper giving deeper bass each time or is there something else. It seems sometimes as though the beats not be quite perfect with high bpm trance when the volume is loud. I can't tell if I'm just being paranoid after someone mentioned that that happens, or if there is a delayed response because of the power/positioning of the sub.

all right, I have another question even though my first couple have not yet been answered - how are the focal subs in comparison to JL's? I know my friend has an 11 inch sub that is ok because he's not into that much bass but i also know that the utopias cost a ton and are supposed to be great.

ok, just curious - does anyone have any answers on my last post:

I've been listening to all sorts of music with the sub - hip hop / trance / techno / progressive house / pop / etc and have noticed that it sounds best with hip hop. Is that just because the beats are slower and deeper giving deeper bass each time or is there something else. It seems sometimes as though the beats are not quite perfect with high bpm trance when the volume is loud. I can't tell if I'm just being paranoid after someone mentioned that that happens, or if there is a delayed response because of the power/positioning of the sub.

When the beats are very fast, it's hard for even the best sub to hit every beat very quickly and with a TON of loudness. It also might just be the nature of the bass in the song; it's just not supposed to be as loud as other songs.

-Nate

When the beats are very fast, it's hard for even the best sub to hit every beat very quickly and with a TON of loudness. It also might just be the nature of the bass in the song; it's just not supposed to be as loud as other songs.
-Nate
ok cool, now I know this question has been asked many times, but what are good songs to listen to for PULSATING bass. I can easily get bass out of any song but i like when there are just a few really long and deep beats.

cool - this isnt going to overdo the sub, right? I've always been afraid of those illegal bass songs and things
As long as you're careful and smart, you should be the fine. W7s really let you know when they are bottoming out...

And another thing, it's not the bass songs that are 'illegal,' it's the volume at which people listen to them, so be smart with that too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

-Nate

As long as you're careful and smart, you should be the fine. W7s really let you know when they are bottoming out...
And another thing, it's not the bass songs that are 'illegal,' it's the volume at which people listen to them, so be smart with that too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

-Nate
Well I am careful and hopefully smart but I mean I'm not that experienced with subs - if I leave the bass boost off and have about 800 watts RMS running to it, should I be fine. Also when you say illegal at volume, youre just sayign that those songs help people achieve high SPL right?

Well I am careful and hopefully smart but I mean I'm not that experienced with subs - if I leave the bass boost off and have about 800 watts RMS running to it, should I be fine. Also when you say illegal at volume, youre just sayign that those songs help people achieve high SPL right?
You should be fine. Illegal volume is defined by the sound ordinances where you live. Usually if other people can hear it fairly loudly then you're probably too loud.

-Nate

As long as you don't crank up the bass boost or drive the amp into clipping (by pushing the gains too far), the W7 will take just about any abuse you give it. 800W certainly won't hurt the sub. Heck, it's just warming up with that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So i'm pretty set on getting a 12W7 and running it on a PG Tantrum 1200.1, and reading all your posts i am pretty sure i'll be very pleased with the SQ and SPL. I'm planning on building my own box for it out of 3/4" braced HDF or MDF, any advice?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jesse6666

10+ year member
jesse6666
Livingston, NJ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from