diregarding the cost, 12w7...

So i'm pretty set on getting a 12W7 and running it on a PG Tantrum 1200.1, and reading all your posts i am pretty sure i'll be very pleased with the SQ and SPL. I'm planning on building my own box for it out of 3/4" braced HDF or MDF, any advice?
The one thing I still know nothing about is how to construct a box and what sizing is nec. I bought a JL ProWedge box and Im very happy. For one thing, if you can pay 750 for a sub, you can prob also afford the box. If you go to the JL site, they will tell you exact sizing and installation instructions.

If you go to this site, I think this is the right page, it will give you good detailed instructions on how to make a box.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/car-audio/part3/

Also the people on the forum are very knowledgable. I would go to the other section though made strictly for discussions on boxes.

All that said, you'll be vey happy with the sub. SQ - Amazing and for a daily driver, SPL is plenty my ears feel the bass for an hour after the ride if you want em to hit hard

Thx for the advice, i'm getting a pretty good deal on the sub and amp but i wanted a custom look for my install, hence building it myself. So now that you have had it in your car for a while how does it compaire to other setups you have heard in your friends cars (Focal and Diamond and such) i've heard good things about IDmax but i can't get as good of a deal on one as i can with the W7

Thx for the advice, i'm getting a pretty good deal on the sub and amp but i wanted a custom look for my install, hence building it myself. So now that you have had it in your car for a while how does it compaire to other setups you have heard in your friends cars (Focal and Diamond and such) i've heard good things about IDmax but i can't get as good of a deal on one as i can with the W7
The focals are decent in my friends car because he didnt get the top of the line ones, and to be the W7 in focal subs, youd need to pay somewhere around 1200. Diamonds are obviousy a great sub, but I LOVE the JL. Also, if you can get a good deal on the sub, all the better. If you can afford it and want SSQQQ go for the W7. In terms of custom look, you could build it yourself. I think the boxes they sell are extremely nice (well, at least the sealed box), but if youre doing it yourself, DO IT WELL. I dont know about boxes, but I know that you can have the best sub and in a shitty box, its ****

Allright, i think i'm revising my setup a little here.

instead of going with the Tantrum 1200.1 i'm thinking of going with the Titanium 1000.2. Its supposed to be a much nicer amp making cleaner power and my shop has it in stock (so thats always a nice touch). Also i'm thinking of going with a Subzone sealed 12W7 box. Not sure about the box, i guess that depends on how patient and brave i'm feeling after i buy all this tomorrow.

THE PROBLEM WITH A DEAL THATS TOO GOOD TO REFUSE IS THAT ITS JUST TOO GOOD TO REFUSE!!!

how much do they cost? Im plenty happy with the Rockford Fosgate 1001bd amp I just got with the W7. Its rated to put out 750watts at 3 ohms, but puts out about 830. If you want to go for more power, than maybe you want the 1500bd, but then you might get some distortion (JL recommends 750 RMS. Their chart on the website says that at 1000, you might start getting distortion and lessen the life of the sub

So i bought my equip today,

checked the rating on the 1000.2 and its rated TESTED at 1249 amps at 4Ohm at 14.25v so at 3 ohm and 12 something volts i figure it will put out well over 1000 watt. not bad. and what i mean about clean power is basically not that the power is clean but the signal processing to power is clean. basically the signal gets to the watts with less interferance. its essentially the same reason a denon home amp goes for $4000, its all in the engineering, screw all this a watt is a watt bull. so i'm picking up my car and the sub/amp on monday then i have to build a box. I'll let you know how it all goes when i'm done. wish me luck.

So i bought my equip today,checked the rating on the 1000.2 and its rated TESTED at 1249 amps at 4Ohm at 14.25v so at 3 ohm and 12 something volts i figure it will put out well over 1000 watt.
why would it produce well over 1000 watts at 12volts and 3 ohms? Arent you talking about the pheonix gold amp which is rated at 500X2 at 2 ohms or 250X2 at 4 ohms or am i confusing it with something else?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jesse6666

10+ year member
jesse6666
Livingston, NJ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from