diregarding the cost, 12w7...

according to its testing sheet it makes 1249 watts x1 at 4ohm and 14.25v. it has a regulated power supply and is going to be running at a little over 12v (probably) and 3 ohm so it should make more than 1000watts. its just guestimates but my math should be pretty sound. http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/PHOTI10002

and like all the upper end phoenix gold amps its unederrated. so instead of producing 1000x1 it produces 1249x1 (all @ 4ohm).

correct me if my math is wrong but this thing should have no trouble pushing the 12W7 loud and hard for quite a while.

well, what I read about the amp is that its rated 500 watts X 2 at 2 ohms (1000 watts X 1 at 2 ohms and 500 at 4 ohms) This should make it push 750 watts at 3 ohms, if I'm correct,which I think I am, which is what I have going to my 12W7 and its PERFECT. So unless someone corrects my understanding of the Pheonix, go for it

well, either way i should be pretty set since i don't want to run it much more than 750 anyway. when i pick it up tomorrow i'll check the sheet and see what it was tested at (1249@ 2 ohm or 4 ohm). anyway, i'm supposed to build my box and false floor next weekend so i'm pretty psyched to hear what its gonna sound like in my car.

Guys, I have a ques..I was told that my sub wouldnt move (the box) because its so heavy, but IT DOES and i sometimes find it on the other side of the trunk. Its sitting on a rubber matt which doesnt allow for enough friction - should I just use velcro?

I picked up my equipment and i have an answer as to exactly how much power my Titanium 1000.2 makes. 1249.22 watts @ 4ohms. you can read the website any way you like but the birthsheet is pretty strait foward and its definately making that power. so anyway i have next week off work (thanks to some stratigic vacation days) and i'm doing the intsall this weekend, so i'll let you know how it all goes. wish me luck

Guys, I have a ques..I was told that my sub wouldnt move (the box) because its so heavy, but IT DOES and i sometimes find it on the other side of the trunk. Its sitting on a rubber matt which doesnt allow for enough friction - should I just use velcro?
I'd suggest securing it down with bolts. My 12W7 enclosure is quite heavy, but it slides around the trunk a lot (which has contributed to the broken RCA cables -- see post in general discussion). It's also good to have it bolted down in the event of a sudden stop or collision, as it can become a very heavy projectile (damaging the sub or anything else in the trunk).

just got back from my vacation/install

I used 4 L brackets on the box i built, havn't carpeted yet so it shold all go underneath it and look pretty smooth. as far as mounting them went i just picked them up at wallmart and screwed them into the box .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jesse6666

10+ year member
jesse6666
Livingston, NJ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from