Dimming Problem

Impala Ridin

The problem is Im dimming very hard when Im bumbing hard enough to effect my driving, my rpm drops in sync with the bass line, my cruise control will also turn off, and my amp to my subs will also shut off for a beat or two, and my deck also stoped working once (had to pull the fuse out of the back of it and put it back in). I checked all my grounds and all my power wire, all my grounds are shorter then 3 feet and are sanded down to bare metal and are held in to place securly(all though the ground from my mids and highs amp had corrosion on it after only two weeks, but I put a new ground in in a new location, none of my power and grounds are crossed. I took my alt to a rebuilder and it checks out fine. I had my batrrey tested and it is fine. I also dim pretty hard when I try to roll my windows up when there already all the way up almost as hard as when my subs are hitting hard. Im really at my wits end, I would really appreciate the help.

Car: 07 Impala

Amp: (subs) JL audio HD-750.1

Amp: (mids & highs) JL audio J2-320.4

Subs: Alpine S-types 4 ohm

Mids & Highs: Pioneer Premier

Alt: 150 amps

Battery: Optima RedTop 25

Big 3: Done (accept for engine to chassis)

Deck: Jensen uv8020

Also have HIDs if that helps

The problem is Im dimming very hard when Im bumbing hard enough to effect my driving, my rpm drops in sync with the bass line, my cruise control will also turn off, and my amp to my subs will also shut off for a beat or two, and my deck also stoped working once (had to pull the fuse out of the back of it and put it back in). I checked all my grounds and all my power wire, all my grounds are shorter then 3 feet and are sanded down to bare metal and are held in to place securly(all though the ground from my mids and highs amp had corrosion on it after only two weeks, but I put a new ground in in a new location, none of my power and grounds are crossed. I took my alt to a rebuilder and it checks out fine. I had my batrrey tested and it is fine. I also dim pretty hard when I try to roll my windows up when there already all the way up almost as hard as when my subs are hitting hard. Im really at my wits end, I would really appreciate the help.
Car: 07 Impala

Amp: (subs) JL audio HD-750.1

Amp: (mids & highs) JL audio J2-320.4

Subs: Alpine S-types 4 ohm

Mids & Highs: Pioneer Premier

Alt: 150 amps

Battery: Optima RedTop 25

Big 3: Done (accept for engine to chassis)

Deck: Jensen uv8020

Also have HIDs if that helps
Instead of the engine to chassis, do the alternator case to the chassis.

Then get under your vehicle and on the amp ground bolt, run a wire from it to the chassis. What you've just done is basically removed TONS of resistance. Your stuff is shutting off due to low voltage. If these wire upgrades do not fix it, you may have to add a battery in the back right next to the amp or just upgrade your alt..... again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.

150 amp alt and a respectable battery normally shouldn't flinch with that setup. So i can understand your confusion. As BCFo said, upgrade any wires that are not yet upgraded. Get rid if as much resistance as you can. Also recheck all of your wiring. Just to make sure there isn't some hidden problem. GL.

pretty much what they said, increase the efficiency of your current power and/or add more power (batterys)
"Add more batteries" is not a solution. The more batteries you put in, the more reserve you have at ~12.6v but it doesn't help you at 14+v. It actually hurts you since batteries will never charge up to the system voltage. This means that they are ALWAYS be drawing current from your alternator while the voltage is above 14v. They can't be discharging at this time because current is only drawn from the highest source of potential in a parallel circuit. So this all means that the more batteries you add, the more load you put on your system. If he wants to kill his alt he'll add a bunch of batts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.