Digital Designs 515b vs Sundown E15... having trouble making a decision

snax
10+ year member

midwest
Are these 2 subs comparable? I have heard a Sundown E12 that was under powered and i was impressed but i have never heard DD's entry level line of subs. Anyone hear both?

The Sundown is like $125 shipped, I don't know yet on the DD, I emailed them about selling directly because my nearest dealer is 2 hours away. Thoughts please. Thanks.

I'm looking at a couple Sundown E15's right now myself. I like the DD's but they're probably going to be almosy double the cost of the Sundown.

I'm looking at a couple Sundown E15's right now myself. I like the DD's but they're probably going to be almosy double the cost of the Sundown. I don't know exactly but I would bet they're around 240-260 a pc.
Thanks for the reply. The DD website lists the MSRP @ $169 each im hoping they will sell them to me a bit cheaper than that shipped. otherwise the Sundown is the winner. If i was going to spend more in the $200 range id go with obsidian for sure.

dd msrp on their site is a joke, I got some quotes from a local dd dealer that was 70 less than the msrp, that was for a 1512, its msrp on the site is 259

my guess is you should be able to get a 515 for 120ish if you shop around

Thanks for your reply. Any reason in particular? have you heard both?
i had two dd 512s and i wasnt all that impressed. when i got my dd's they were like 165 for each. so the E would be a little bit cheaper and it looks to be a little bit nicer. hopefully gunna get 1 to try out soon actually....

dd msrp on their site is a joke, I got some quotes from a local dd dealer that was 70 less than the msrp, that was for a 1512, its msrp on the site is 259
my guess is you should be able to get a 515 for 120ish if you shop around
only problem is i have to get it straight from DD unless i want to drive for hours - which i dont. Your pic has me wondering if they could make me a funky pup dustcap for a few extra bux...

yes but that 8 was a straight burp box, the guys using the dd's were playing music but the scores are burps sealed on the dash. I don't recall the sa8/crx scores being sealed on the dash, let alone playing more than 1 single note at a time.
Ok I didn't look @ ur vid just saw the dd @ 51 so posted the sundown.... Lol

have you considered the ssa dcon its around that price and rms, not to mention built in the US too. but you cant go wrong with sundown either.

Are these 2 subs comparable? I have heard a Sundown E12 that was under powered and i as impressed but i have never heard DD's entry level line of subs. Anyone hear both?
The Sundown is like $125 shipped, I don't know yet on the DD, I emailed them about selling directly because my nearest dealer is 2 hours away. Thoughts please. Thanks.

well, i may have sealed my fate tonight i picked up a mmats d1100.1 for $75 so i need something with dual 2's. what good is an entry level sub if you cant run almost double rms power to it right? ill still consider the DD depending on what price shipped dude from DD gives me because the mmats i picked up still puts out solid power at 2 ohms and i have never heard a DD sub before.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.