Digital Designs 515b vs Sundown E15... having trouble making a decision

have you considered the ssa dcon its around that price and rms, not to mention built in the US too. but you cant go wrong with sundown either.
yes sir, the ssa would have been a solid contender but they jacked their prices up on the DCON so now they would be competing with the sundown SA and obsidian. this system is going in my winter car that my elderly mother drives most of the time so im going for bang for buck. the DCON 15s are $173 shipped now, last time i looked they were $125 or $135 cant remember.

dd msrp on their site is a joke, I got some quotes from a local dd dealer that was 70 less than the msrp, that was for a 1512, its msrp on the site is 259
my guess is you should be able to get a 515 for 120ish if you shop around
Sayyyyy what who the f sells DD round here?

Sayyyyy what who the f sells DD round here?
closest dealer I know of it B's Car Stereo, bout 30 miles west of cleveland. I go there a lot because its 10mins from my parents place. There might be a dd dealer down around lima or columbus or something, I'm not sure.

and a DD515 would def be louder than a Dcon and sq between the 2 will be very similar

don't let the high msrp on their site steer you away, DD makes the loudest subs in the world and their high build quality and engineering trickles down to even their entry level stuff. There aren't too many 350w subs out there that can sustain 2500 + rms either burped or on music. A DD M4a is rated for 5200w at 12v....those subs were getting nearly 10x their rating

1) None of that BS translates to anything you'll perceive in your vehicle with whatever enclosure you choose to go with.

2) The 500 series subs are built 100% in China.

3) There are no official, industry-wide statistics on reliability published anywhere....especially regarding origin of manufacture. The outcome would likely be unnerving.

4) In a show 12+ years ago in NY state, I assisted a competitor in a ZX3 with two Rockford entry level 15s in .75 cube sealed truck boxes do a 148 on the dash with an MTX 2160 amp. SPL numbers mean jack and have no correlation to audible performance, especially when comparing one vehicle type to another.

5) Ask DD for the "Le" parameter on the 500s. The inductance is substantially low on the E15. This translates to good transient response or lack of muddiness.

6) The real performance will come down to your enclosure design. If you waste your time playing with someone who plays with WinISD or BBpro, you'll be tinkling upwind.

1) None of that BS translates to anything you'll perceive in your vehicle with whatever enclosure you choose to go with. 2) The 500 series subs are built 100% in China.

3) There are no official, industry-wide statistics on reliability published anywhere....especially regarding origin of manufacture. The outcome would likely be unnerving.

4) In a show 12+ years ago in NY state, I assisted a competitor in a ZX3 with two Rockford entry level 15s in .75 cube sealed truck boxes do a 148 on the dash with an MTX 2160 amp. SPL numbers mean jack and have no correlation to audible performance, especially when comparing one vehicle type to another.

5) Ask DD for the "Le" parameter on the 500s. The inductance is substantially low on the E15. This translates to good transient response or lack of muddiness.

6) The real performance will come down to your enclosure design. If you waste your time playing with someone who plays with WinISD or BBpro, you'll be tinkling upwind.
thanks for the reply. just because something is from china doesn't bother me, i agree that a lot of MERICANS! would be upset if some one did some real quality comparisons between Chinese and American products. i understand that its kind of the same there as it is here. you get what you pay for. its all about components used. today American made usually means products assembled here by illegals using 99% Chinese sourced parts. that said my dilemma pretty much worked its self out. DD got back to me, $129 plus $25 shipping for a dual 4 15". i don't think i will be able to tell the dif between these 2 subs in the enclosure i build because this is not an spl setup. id like to give DD a test drive but i guess it comes down to price, The E15 is $129 shipped and dual 2. winner. I'm sure DD makes a quality product and will try it sometime in the future when price is not an issue. Thanks to everyone for your input. ill come back and post some pix of the setup when I'm done. If anyone in Minneapolis wants to meter me for cheap/free I'm down. maybe when im in a better spot financially ill get a DD just to same box same amp compare, i'm interested to see how they do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.