different types of speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

LBX2G
10+ year member

R.I.P Camofluage
hey I just wondering if u have 2 different types of speaker in your do they cancel each other out like subs. Like if I have an MB Quart 61/2 in the front 2 doors and JL Audio 6 1/2 in the back 2 doors.

and is ther not an differnece if I amp one set of the speakers off the head unit and the others off an sperate amp. Is there not a SQ difference?

just wondering.

Interior speakers don't cancel each other out. The problem with mix matching is that you have two sets of speakers that produce sounds differently. Amping one set and not the other can cause problems at high volumes. The speakers running off the head unit will begin to distort before the amped ones causing SQ problems at higher volumes. However, unamped speakers in the rear is generally acceptable if you are only using them for rear fill.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.