Diehard Platinum opinions

Max_Power
10+ year member

^ From a Hairdryer ^
Toledo, Ohio
I am going to replace my car's starting battery with a new one. I was reading somewhere that the xs power and kinetik batteries arent the best for a starting battery and I am trying to avoid optima. I had a regular diehard in my last crown vic and it was a pretty good battery so Im looking at them, and they have a series of AGM batts called the platinum line.

Has anyone tried them, have them? I read that oddessy makes them, so they cant be that bad.

any other suggestions would be welcome.

my xs starts my car just fine.....heck there is video of the xs 345 starting a big diesel like its nothing
How long have you had it under the hood? Ive read a few things (mind you this is on the internet) about cars killing $300 batteries in a year or so.

i sell die hard platinum's, KILLER batts.. 4 years free replacement and the rest pro rated.. there is also the die hard gold advanced now thats agm and cheaper then a platinum.. its 3 years free replacement and around $150 instead of $220

I have 3 platinum's in my land rover with a 130amp 14v alternator.. and not 1 single problem..

accordbattery004.jpg

Its a beastly battery!

Made by Odyssey.

The new DieHard Gold Advanced AGM's are really nice too.

They are made by Deka.

Anybody could provide some hard specs between say: XS 6500 vr the DHP g65. I dont know much about batterys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif (assuming price is not a factor) what makes one better then the other for our audio and starting needs?

Thanks for the replies, I think I'm going to go with a diehard platinum. I didn't realize the warranty was so long, looks like I can't really lose.

Their's a lot more to consider about a battery other than it being AGM, and how long of a warranty they give you. First of all most warranties aren't as long when you use the battery in a deep cycle application. Oddessy is made by Enersys, and so is the die hard platiunum, this is true, but do you think that Enersys is going to make a battery that with their oddessy name on it is $300, but die hard is $150 and it be the same battery, absolutly not. An Oddessy battery has a 3 year warranty, that's with the battery being used in a cranking application, but if used in a deep cycle application they only guarantee their battery at 80% of discharge for 400 cycles, the die hard battery would probably be even less. To start your car you could use a kinetik800, and it would start with no problem, but when it comes to true deep cycle, kinetik, shuriken, and xs power aren't your best choices, nor is oddessy or die hard, now even though these batteries will deep cycle, their conductor plates are entiely too thin to be the best choice for deep cycling. If you want the absolute best Deep Cycle battery money can buy, find your closest Discover Energy dealer, the EV Traction batteries are the best. For more information you can visit discoverenergy.com or B.E.E.T.E.M. Car Audio - Home - Martins Ferry, OH, which BEETEM Car Audio will give you all the info you could possibly want to know about any Battery on the market, and help you in chooseing the best battery for your application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.