Did i get my box tuning right?

Okay, i have an 06 yukon. I was going to do either sub up/port up or sub forward/port forward. I can definitely do smaller. I love me some low bass but at the same time i listen to alot of new rock (nothing more, seether, bring me the horizon) but i will be listening to some good ole jeezy occasionally.
Subs up, port back sound best in an SUV...exactly like my avatar.

Id do 4.5 with 80 in^2 of port area tuned to 35 the larger port will give it plenty lowend output and the smaller box stops the port for unloading so fast. tuning below 35 on the 9500 unless its the ESP is a no no
My 9518g is in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz. And it seems to love it

tune to 36 and tell me the gains aren't drastic.
Oh I'm sure it would be louder, but it wrecks on low stuff right now, I'm not giving that up.

I have only tuned above 33hz once in my life and didn't like it. Everything now is 33ish down to high 20s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.