Did i downgrade my sub/amp system?

take back the system, demand a refund or something else saying this setup is not what the dealer promised and have them warranty their work and claims.
With all due respect bro, grow a pair and this. It drives me insane when people pay money for something , are disappointed in it , and are then to afraid to say anything about it. I'm not talking about complaining to everyone other than the people responsible, I'm mean take that **** back if you're not happy. It is literally that simple.

The Avionixx is rated @ 250w rms @4ohm and 450w rms @ 2ohm and is a class A/B amplifier

The Kenwood is rated @ 300w rms @ 4ohm and 500w rms @ 2ohm and is a Class D amplifier

What is the ohm rating of your Kicker? How is the gain set on the Avionixx amp? Before freaking out toooooo much... see if you have room for adjustment. Ask your installer why it seems different or if it can put out more. They may have set it safely for you.

The Avionixx is rated @ 250w rms @4ohm and 450w rms @ 2ohm and is a class A/B amplifier

The Kenwood is rated @ 300w rms @ 4ohm and 500w rms @ 2ohm and is a Class D amplifier

What is the ohm rating of your Kicker? How is the gain set on the Avionixx amp? Before freaking out toooooo much... see if you have room for adjustment. Ask your installer why it seems different or if it can put out more. They may have set it safely for you.
2 ohm or 4 ohm 400w RMS. I believe 2 ohm but only guessing.

I’m going to go in this weekend and see if i can get a different amp if this one is not suitable or if he can make adjustments. That’s why i wanted to ask around with people who are more experienced before I go in. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I do believe class A/B is less efficient than class D and it puts out 50w less at 4 and 2 ohms... You're gonna want to know for sure the subs Ohm rating... if it is 4 ohms, get another sub as well. May I ask what the sub cost as well as what the amp cost?

I do believe class A/B is less efficient than class D and it puts out 50w less at 4 and 2 ohms... You're gonna want to know for sure the subs Ohm rating... if it is 4 ohms, get another sub as well. May I ask what the sub cost as well as what the amp cost?
I’ll call and ask tomorrow if it was the 2ohm or 4ohm. I believe $150 for sub and $170 for amp 

Update: Found out I have the 4ohm @ 400w RMS kicker. That would tell me if this amp puts out 250w RMS at 4ohm that would mean I’m only getting out about half what this sub can do? Am I interpretting that correctly? 

I’ll be switching it out for a stronger amp after work today for free. 

Typical retail on those are about $85-90 so if you paid over that you got ripped off.
No i think you’re thinking of the older ones. I have the 2016 release. $110-$130 price range from amazon, Best Buy, to Kickers own website lol. Not trying to start a debate. Probably could’ve found a better deal if i wasn’t so impatient and always pressed for time. Oh well i got free labor/install so maybe he added it into that lol. 

Update: Found out I have the 4ohm @ 400w RMS kicker. That would tell me if this amp puts out 250w RMS at 4ohm that would mean I’m only getting out about half what this sub can do? Am I interpretting that correctly? 

I’ll be switching it out for a stronger amp after work today for free. 
Can someone tell me if I’m right or wrong with these numbers and thinking. I don’t wanna go in there and point the finger selling me on a weaker amp and end up being wrong lol. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.