Did i downgrade my sub/amp system?

Jeffdachef said:
170 could have gotten you a legit 2000 watts rms.   they fked you in the @ss hard.

!50 dollars could have gotten you a respectable sub as well rather than that baby sub.
Next time I’ll do more searching and most likely buy online. Thanks guys!

Waltabeast said:
Update: Found out I have the 4ohm @ 400w RMS kicker. That would tell me if this amp puts out 250w RMS at 4ohm that would mean I’m only getting out about half what this sub can do? Am I interpretting that correctly? 
No.  Doubling power yields no more than a 3db increase in output.  1db is barely noticeable, 2db you'd hear, but not significant, 3 is louder, but not drastic.

A 10db increase is audibly twice as loud.

Unless your amp was defective I doubt it was the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Avionixx is a better amp than Kenwood.

There actually was a car audio industry before 2015 -- it seems a few here were not aware.
Well i upgraded to the AXD 2200M and it seemed to more than enough. I only set my gain to half. 

Sound aside, you shouldn't be underpowering the sub so much, you can damage the equipment that way...250w is a little low to be running a 400w sub... 
Well i upgraded. 

Well i upgraded. 
:thumbcool:

Everyone likes an upgrade.

Just curious on the issue with the 900.

You said you have a 4 ohm kicker.  The VR's are all DVC's I think so you're only 450 vs 550 on power assuming you're wired for 2.  There's nothing there that would make a lot of difference.

I still think there's more to the story.  Either shop shenanigans or a technical problem with the amp.

Whatever -- glad it's working.

Didn't read through the whole thread but you might want to Google what gain is and how to set it. Think you said you got all this from a shop? They should've set it for you. 
You’re right. I’m talking about something else lol. I’m referring to the bass knob control that gets routed near the steering wheel.  

The gain is set via the amp correct?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.