Did I blow my RF T1000BDCP?

DylanBeatz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Wisconsin
Okay so I just bought a Rockford fosgate T1000bdcp used from a guy on a Facebook classifieds group. I bought it with PayPal for goods.

However when I hooked it up for the first time it lit up but no sound at all came out of the speaker inputs. I even put my dmm up to it, nothing from where the speaker wires go. Then I hooked up my Alpine amp and it worked right away.

Then I took to a local car audio shop where they tested it and said it was bad, nothing coming out from where the speaker wires go.

Only thing I did that I think was bad was I tried using 0gauge reducers when I first set it up and like an idiot I let the positive power hit the negative right on the amp and it sparked. The reducers don't fit.

Here's a picture to get an idea of what I did.

Could I have ruined it by doing this or was it something else? Maybe broke in shipping? He said he has videos of it working right before he sent it to me.

pull the back off see how bad it is, send it to a repair shop to have it fixed..

shorting out the inputs like that can definitely blow an amp, but you're very far from the first person to do it so dont let it get to you

Wouldn't the fact that the amp still powers on but just have no sound prove that this wasn't me? Like if what I did ruined it wouldn't it not power on instead of effecting the output section

Wouldn't the fact that the amp still powers on but just have no sound prove that this wasn't me? Like if what I did ruined it wouldn't it not power on instead of effecting the output section
who knows? it's a complicated circuit weird things happen

it could look like its powering on, but have 0 output from the power supply section. just because a light comes on and the fans spin doesnt mean the power supply isnt blown (if it has fans and a LED, never used one of those amps idk)

also who knows if the power supply is blown, could of just blown the output section.

The led is like a run status. Typically If it powers on the power supply is fine. Sounds like a problem in the output section. Open it up.. depending on how the led is in the circuit it could just be saying power is present and the power supply is switched on. No real way to tell without trouble shooting or a schematic. But I think this is an output section related issue..

The led is like a run status. Typically If it powers on the power supply is fine. Sounds like a problem in the output section. Open it up.. depending on how the led is in the circuit it could just be saying power is present and the power supply is switched on. No real way to tell without trouble shooting or a schematic. But I think this is an output section related issue..
yeah thats what the shop i took it to said as well, that its in the output section. And the guy at the shop said no way that shorting out the power wires would do that. What do you think?

I think you incorrectly installed the amp and you are looking for a way to say even though you messed up, there is no way this is your fault. If you are thinking that you want to send it back to the seller and get a refund.... That is horribly dishonest and most of us would say that is the wrong thing to do. You can't say if the amp worked when you got it because you messed up during install. Send the amp off to get fixed or take your licks and don't make the same mistake again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.