Designing New Stereo - Looking for advice

I'm sorry, I meant the speakers... This head unit isn't focused on SQ. I want all of its other features and decided to sacrifice on SQ a bit (compared to something like the 80prs). So, does it make sense to buy the best speakers possible considering the head unit I'm getting?
I have always found better speakers result in better sound. I use for example my first example of this when I wired my father's 15" Altec Lansing studio monitor speaker to my clock radio, and WOW!! :)

Also when I put my Alpine R series speakers into my 2006 Grand Caravan in with the stock HU it sounded a lot better! Speakers make the sound!

John Kuthe...

I'm sorry, I meant the speakers... This head unit isn't focused on SQ. I want all of its other features and decided to sacrifice on SQ a bit (compared to something like the 80prs). So, does it make sense to buy the best speakers possible considering the head unit I'm getting?

No, that was my bad. I misunderstood. But, yes, I would still get the best speakers for your budget. Your head unit (which I forgot that you listed) is definitely good enough. It puts out 4 volts and has 24 bit DAC's. You will hear a difference between high-end and budget speakers with your head unit.

Look at it this way: If you get the "budget" speakers, you will enjoy your cost savings for really just a short period of time. After awhile, you will forget about your savings. If you get the "high-end" speakers, you will enjoy their sound for years to come. So, my advice is to get the best speakers that fit your budget. You will definitely be glad that you did, in the long run.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.