Designing Enclosures: Tutorial

yea, 2 different ways of doing it I guess but with this info you can go off and make all sorts of ported setups accurately as long as you dont mind a little math

I prefer this method, but use the12volt's port calculator.

SketchUp is quick and easy for those comfortable with CAD. It really does take the guess work out of more complicated enclosures too.

Bump for a good explanation, and a guy know knows how to build proper boxes.

Yea, that can be used but its much faster on the comp with sketchup and the copying and pasting for the calcs helps a good bit (but a graphing calc would be helpful too if its on paper)

Good write up tutorial Saturn... I was actually meaning on creating something like this, but good job //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

to other members and people wanting to learn how to design enclosures, there are ALOT of ways you can go about designing an enclosure. This is definently one of them. BUT, if you did not want to use RE's calculator, another way is to go about doing this is using the12volt.com and using both the port length calculator (for finding the port length) and using the "volume calculator" to mess around with the dimensions you need (make it a a little bigger to account for sub and port disp.) and use those dimensions + the port length number to draw up your own box. Once you get the hang of it, it's very simple. Just another way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nice thread Saturn.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.