Designing Enclosures: Tutorial

Thanks guys, but I intend to go further on this tutorial and incorporate double-baffle, supports, and other stuff into it and add onto the general outline that the RE calculator gave you..and eventually step-up to pretty complicated port setups and calcs...but we'll see

And on a piece of paper you cant highlight an area and it tell you exactly the space you have to work with (granted, some simply geometry and you can find out, but it'd take longer)...it's just really handy to have on sketch-up

Sweet idea man. I downloaded SU and failed to make anything of use with it.

So in your opinion RE's calc is legit as long as you take woofer displacement into your own consideration? Too many ppl talk smack about it but I love using it to base my more complex enclosures off of..........

Kevin

Sweet idea man. I downloaded SU and failed to make anything of use with it.
So in your opinion RE's calc is legit as long as you take woofer displacement into your own consideration? Too many ppl talk smack about it but I love using it to base my more complex enclosures off of..........

Kevin
It isnt horrible, it's just a good basis to start your own calculations with and make it with sketchup

BUMP...This should be stickyed
Joo know eet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

this is all great info but the re calculator isnt all that accurate...but it works lol nice writeup
Why do people keep saying this!? Lol, I know that...I include that to get a place to start with and go into sketchup to do the math, then adjust to where you want so you know the specs are correct.

The math is done by you with an equation...RE's calculator is just to get you started and give you something to work of off and change to your liking.

Why do people keep saying this!? Lol, I know that...I include that to get a place to start with and go into sketchup to do the math, then adjust to where you want so you know the specs are correct.
The math is done by you with an equation...RE's calculator is just to get you started and give you something to work of off and change to your liking.
well sooooooooorry! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif my apologies! Everyone disregard my previous statement and keep reading this beautiful thread lol.

My apologies

-Don

D.H. Designs

This is an excellent thread Saturn. I'm sure new people like me appreciate the hell out of it, if they arent confused with all the math. But then they will just need to go back and re-read and they will catch on. I learned some new stuff about sketchup here as far as right clicking to get entity, highlighting multiple lines and spaces to come up with a length/area., and much more. Thanks buddy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.